Wednesday, March 11, 2015
If England play as they have trained for their Calcutta Cup game against Scotland it is going to be a very feisty weekend. So intense was their contact session on Wednesday that Stuart Lancaster, their head coach, even felt compelled to step in and call a premature halt before the practice pitch in Bagshot began to resemble a Top Gear production meeting.
A bit of competitive niggle in the week of a Six Nations international, however, is never a bad thing and Lancaster will be quietly delighted the frustration of England’s defeat to Ireland is still bubbling 10 days later. “We played 15 versus 15 and I had to calm it down,” revealed Lancaster, having confirmed the returns of Courtney Lawes and Mike Brown to his starting line-up. “You had all the intensity that goes with putting the starting team against 15 players who had wanted to be in the starting XV. I was blowing the whistle at the end to make sure we didn’t play the game too early.”
from Network Front | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1MsznZSRead More
from TIME http://ift.tt/1B5QaeTRead More
from Adafruit Industries - Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! http://ift.tt/1C85tKRRead More
The former business secretary asked rhetorically whether the Labour party would fare better in this year’s general election if it had different ‘wrapping’
A future Labour government would never “in a month of Sundays” raise the £1.2bn it hopes to generate from the mansion tax to be levied on properties worth more than £2m, Lord Mandelson has said.
In a series of interventions betraying his private misgivings about Ed Miliband, the former business secretary wondered aloud whether a changing of the “wrapping” would make a difference to Labour fortunes as he indicated a belief that Britain was heading for another hung parliament.
They are broadcasters, they are not the House of Commons. Who elected them?
from Network Front | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1FNK9YFRead More
Deadspin The "Blurred Lines" Verdict Is Bad News, Even If You Hate Robin Thicke | io9 How The Sugar Industry Continues To Subvert Public Health Policies | Kotaku The People Who Make Brutal Video Game Porn | Lifehacker Is the Stock Market Going to Crash Soon? | Kinja Popular Posts
from Gawker http://ift.tt/1B5JmOaRead More
The above video, taken from a police cruiser dash cam, shows a white SUV speeding along an Arizona highway as its occupants toss no less than 17 bricks of weed from the windows. After cops caught and arrested the two men inside, they went back to recover the pot, but a few bricks were conspicuously missing. Cha-ching!
from Gawker http://ift.tt/1NLrgLBRead More
Porto eased into the Champions League quarter-finals with a comfortable 4-0 win over Basel in the second leg of their last-16 clash.
The Portuguese club are through to the last eight for only the second time since winning the competition in 2004 and their place was in little doubt from the moment Yacine Brahimi fired in a free-kick after 14 minutes. Further goals from Héctor Herrera, Casemiro and Vincent Aboubakar after the break rubber-stamped the result, which was further compounded when Basle defender Walter Samuel was sent off in the final moments.
from Network Front | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1Ea6bFgRead More
Senior Database Two Systems Programmer
Sydney Area, Australia, AU - Information Technology and Services
Based in Sydney or Adelaide and working in a team of eight the successful candidate will be responsible for configuring, maintaining, monitoring, and performance tuning DB2 for Z/OS environments and the databases running within them.
The role involves working in a large and highly complex DB2 (z/OS) SAP Core Banking environment which incorporates the latest and greatest technology.
Plans and Leads database development and maintenance of complex databases including:
design database environments and databases
design, develop, modify, test, release/deploy and maintain database objects
design, develop, modify, test, release/deploy and maintain database security and audit solutions
design, develop, modify, test, release/deploy and maintain database recovery solutions
execute database and data recovery
manage database performance, capacity and availability
DBMS SW implementation, upgrade, patching
Utilising and enhancing best practices to develop work plans, checklists and defined processes.
Proactively supports application teams.
Provides advice on complex application data issues.
Ensures database support documentation is developed and maintained.
Designs database monitoring solutions and assists others in monitoring and proactively anticipating or identifying issues.
Provide support on a rotating roster 24 x 7
Takes ownership of highly complex or critical database incidents and problems and provides resolutions in a timely manner. Engages SMEs or vendors to provide assistance to resolve more complex incidents as required.
Provides time / resource estimates for assigned tasks
Provides on-call support (as part of a support roster) and Knowledge Transfer / Mentoring.
Essential Skill/Experience Requirements
Minimum of 5 years DB2 DBA experience
MVS System knowledge
DB2 System performance tuning & recovery experience
Strong DB2 diagnostics and debugging skills
DB2 V9 experience
DB2 data-sharing in a parallel sysplex environment
Strong communication and customer facing skills
Ability to work without supervision
Ability to work effectively in a team and with clients
No salary provided
Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:25AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1B2nWBy
APS5 Grants Officers
Canberra Area, Australia, AU - Government Administration
- Fast Paced Environment
- Numerous positions
- 1st of April start
We are seeking a skilled Program / Grants Assessment Officer at the APS5/6 level for a 3 month contract.
This position requires proven skills in the evaluation and assessment of grant applications funding agreement negotiation, and excellent stakeholder engagement.
It is essential that you have experience working in a similar role and possess an in-depth understanding of grants processes. Excellent written and verbal communication skills will be critical as well as a proactive approach, working to tight deadlines in order to achieve milestones.
This fast paced role will offer the opportunity to show your ability to manage competing priorities.
This opportunity will be offered as a temporary hourly rate contract until 30 June.
To discuss this opportunity in detail please contact Nicole Frawley on 02 6112 7690 or email email@example.com
No salary provided
Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:24AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1MrqwcN
VP Software Engineering-Application Delivery
San Francisco Bay Area, US - Computer Software
VP Software Engineering/Application Delivery/Santa Clara, CA
This is an exciting opportunity to develop a new generation of Cloud Technology!
Deliver next-generation applications faster with higher quality and reduced costs.
CA Application Delivery solutions help accelerate application delivery, improve application quality and reduce costs at the same time. These DevOps tools can help organizations, who have the challenge of creating new business services at a rapid pace, by optimizing application development and testing as well as increasing the velocity of applications released into production.
CA Application Delivery solutions include:
CA Service Virtualization: helps eliminate constraints by modeling and simulating the behavior and performance characteristics of dependent systems and services. As a result, your organization can move development and test tasks earlier in the software lifecycle, resulting in reduced time-to-market, lower infrastructure costs, reduced contention for labs and better overall application quality.
CA Release Automation: automates the complex changes required for code movement, deployment and provisioning tasks between development, test and production environments. This solution can help your organization reduce manual errors and accelerate software delivery cycles from weeks or days to hours or minutes.
CA Continuous Application Insight: Captures real-world transactions from test and staging environments and intelligently generate “life-like” virtual service and test automation assets to increase quality, while improving collaboration among development and testing teams with realistic data.
CA Technologies can help meet the host of challenges that IT organizations face. We have the results to prove it.
Faster time-to-market: often reducing the timeline for delivery of new application features by 25-50%
Accelerated continuous delivery: reducing deployment cycles from weeks and days to hours or minutes
Increased application quality: discovering 60%-90% more defects at least one stage earlier in the software development life cycle (SDLC), where break-fix and defect resolution costs are dramatically lower
Join the leading companies in financial, insurance, telco, federal and other industries that have benefited from solutions from CA Technologies. Contact us, or read more about Service Virtualization, Release Automation and Data Mining.
Join the community of Service Virtualization and Release Automation experts and accelerate your innovation rate.
Our team works hard, plays hard, and enjoys our pool tournaments at lunch-time!
This is an opportunity to lead the software engineering division in Application Delivery and the portfolio.
• Engineering manager with agile development / transformation experience
• Can manage other VPs of development
• True believer in product design and UX practices
• Very Collaborative, innovative
• Great in execution both on timeliness and precision
• Good practitioner of quality engineering
• Can inspire engineering talent and capable of growing talent and attracting talent
• Understands all modern software technologies, methodologies and best practices
• Can transform several siloed product teams to one world class harmonized engineering organization
No salary provided
Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:20AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1BuHt13
At the end of 2014, Slate chronicled the year’s seemingly nonstop stream of outrage, during which nearly every day brought a new scandal demanding our opprobrium. Someone said the wrong thing, a celebrity did something awful, a Slate writer argued a contrarian position—even a minor imbroglio, whether it was the war on Columbus Day or manspreading, seemed to conjure up a flurry of angry articles analyzing its significance for our doomed society. If all those think pieces left you feeling fatigued, I bring good news: We have already passed peak outrage. Outrage clickbait is dying.
from Slate Articles http://ift.tt/1BoNcGXRead More
Cognizant Technology Solutions
San Francisco Bay Area, US - Information Technology and Services
Requirement Details List:
- Ability to define and drive front end technology strategy
- Have excellent oral and written communication to lead and engage in client facing activities
- Possess strong understanding and established knowledge of UI/UX and effectively provide mindshare/brainstorm on potential new/upcoming technologies & trends
- Ability to translate UI designs in to fully-functional interactive prototypes for Desktop and Mobile browsers.
- Experience in interactive and responsive web development using HTML5 and CSS3 for mobiles and tablets.
- Extensive experience with data binding concepts of MVC…such as Angular, CanJS, Knockout and Backbone JS
- Experience with CSS Preprocessors like SASS and LESS.
- Experience in UI performance testing and Cross Browser Compatibility Testing.
- Experience with Junit Testing for UI (Jasmine experience is highly desirable).
- Must have solid understanding or previous experience managing projects within Accessibility Standards (Section 508, WCAG 2.0, and International Standards) and screen readers.
- Experience in Agile and Waterfall methodologies
Background or some exposure to consulting focused engagements is a plus for this role
No salary provided
Posted February 24, 2015 at 11:34PM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1zEzT0P
Inside Territory Executive – Italian Markets
Ireland, IE - Computer Software, Information Technology and Services, Computer & Network Security
Inside Territory Executive
VMware is seeking highly motivated individuals for Inside Sales positions. The ITE role is primarily responsible for developing and driving transactional business within specified territories for VMware.
This position requires excellent communication skills that result in meeting or exceeding the assigned revenue targets for the specified territories. You will need to interact with our Channel Ecosystem, Field sales Teams and cross functional departments to maximize the total Customer Experience.
Job Responsibilities and Key Objectives
The ITE is responsible for all duties from prospecting to closing accounts with the channel sales team and Territory Executives for the territories they support.
* Be a key member and contributor to the EMEA Sales and Field Marketing teams
* Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of products and services, industry trends, and competition
* Maintain current and accurate account and contact information within internal databases
* Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and obtain business requirements.
* Build and develop customer relationships for both opportunity engagement as well as longer-term cooperation with a strong track record in Remote Sales Management
* Actively promote VMware’s suite of solutions, products and services to suspects, customers and partners (placing focus upon selected PowerPlay products)
* Work closely with the Channel Ecosystem, leverage the scalability of partners and manage Ad+ opportunity registrations within territory
* Engage proactively in Cross sell & Up-sell sales activities which drive incremental VMware solution adoption amongst the existing VMware customer base.
* Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections
* Update forecast and opportunity details within Salesforce.com to ensure accurate territory forecasts
* Drive, control and take responsibility for the weekly sales forecast, paying specific attention to updating opportunity details within Salesforce.com, ensuring accurate territory forecasts
* General territory admin duties special pricing forms, re-assignment management, customer/partner escalations
* Ensure orders are placed correctly in the VMware Sales tool.
* A persistent, self-starter with a track record of successful, credible follow-up and unsolicited calling in to multiple executive levels within an organization
* Fluency in Italian language is essential.
* Additional European languages are a distinct advantage.
* Proven successful experience in HW/SW Inside Sales, preferably in IT or similar industry.
* Skills required:
o Pre-call planning
o Opportunity qualification and objection handling
o Call structure and control
o Time and territory management
* Proven track record within an automated sales environment where accurate data entry and management of a CRM system was required.
* A team player with the ability to work in a high-energy sales team environment with a desire to work with others for broader success.
* Experience and success working within a revenue quota and commission structure
* Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
* Ability to manage multiple tasks at once, and operate successfully in a rapidly changing environment
* The highest level of integrity
* Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, voicemail, MS Office)
* A good understanding of datacenter / computing technology and comfortable discussing technology with customers
* Sales training, Siebel and Salesforce.com experience a plus
* College degree or equivalent work experience
Before you join, VMware will require you to go through a pre-employment screening process. This means that we will want to verify your details and the information you have given us to ensure your suitability for a certain role considering its nature, seniority and other relevant factors.
Why work with our Group
The inside sales team is aligned to our sales regions and is an overall support system for the field sales organization. The Inside Sales Representative (ISR) is responsible for all duties from prospecting to closing accounts with the field sales executive that they support. They work to prospect, generate and follow up on assigned marketing leads. The ISR works closely and is a leveraged selling arm for the direct field sales representatives that they are assigned to.
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2014 revenues of $6.04 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 75,000 partners, and 18,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on architecting what's next in IT? Learn more at vmware.com/careers.
No salary provided
Posted March 11, 2015 at 12:58AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1B2jlPT
Assistant Project Managers - Client-Side
Sydney Area, Australia, AU - Construction
- Three contract roles available, $45/50ph +
- QS / Building Surveying / CA / Property backgrounds
- Global property business, CBD based
Hays are currently working with a long-standing client who are a global leader within the property market and are seeking three Assistant Project Managers to work across a large project for a corporate client of theirs.
These roles will sit within the projects team and get involved with contract administration, cost control, design coordinating and quality control. You will report into the Project Director and assist the current PM team already in place. All three roles are based at the clients CBD head office.
Our client is seeking candidates from a Quantity / Building Surveying, Contracts Administration or Client-side consultancy background that have worked on commercial fitout projects. You must also have solid written communication skills and be available to start a contract role at short notice.
If you have the required skill set and are interested please call Jay O'Brien on 02 9249 2233. E: firstname.lastname@example.org
No salary provided
Posted March 11, 2015 at 12:55AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1HxHkMC
Data Relationship Specialist
Orange County, California Area, US - Information Technology and Services
The Data Relationship Specialist II/Senior (DRS II) will work in a team environment with a focus on building client relationships to increase customer loyalty, maintain existing business and grow business. The DRS II will advise internal partners and external clients of data content or quality issues. The DRS II will be responsible for conducting data contributor audits and report back to the client issues with their data and will be Coordinating closely with Sales, working with the contributors to ensure the data they are providing can be used effectively and efficiently. The DRS II will provide client support for the import and export of data files from supported platforms. The DRS II will be responsible for research and resolution of media and data issues which will include working with internal departments and external clients in a variety of functional areas to coordinate issue resolution. The DRS II will provide feedback to lost data reporters on the performance of their current portfolios. The DRS II will be instrumental in maintaining data file quality and currency. The DRS II will be working closely with the Sales organization to identify opportunities on new and existing clients who are not currently reporting to Experian as well as assisting our Data Acquisition teams by directly targeting key organizations in order to get them to contribute data to BIS.
No salary provided
Posted March 11, 2015 at 12:52AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1F8UjVK
The former secretary of state said she had preserved official communications but her office said she ‘chose not to keep her private, personal emails’
Hillary Clinton failed to quell mounting criticism over her controversial private email account on Tuesday evening after her office suggested she had erased more than half of her emails before turning them over for release to the American public.
In a statement released after a press conference intended to end a week-long controversy, Clinton’s office said that she did not preserve 31,830 of the 62,320 emails she sent and received while serving as Barack Obama’s secretary of state from 2009 to 2013.
from Network Front | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1B2hHOeRead More
from Network Front | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1B2hHOaRead More