Wednesday, February 18, 2015
Sr. Manager, Hadoop Engineering
San Francisco Bay Area, US - Computer Software, Information Technology and Services
- Define the infrastructure vision, strategy, and execution for Hadoop Enterprise Portfolio in PayPal.
- Develop technical requirements for new/existing products within the portfolio as well as feature introductions or improvements.
- Assists in the management of the requirements phase of each functional enhancement (including functional/technical specifications, upgrades and deployments).
- Technical duties can include evaluating, prototyping, and recommending emerging Hadoop features.
- Support product management/architectural activities related to PayPal Hadoop product offerings.
- Manage the execution of product roadmap and PayPal's Enterprise Hadoop Portfolio.
- Build strong relationships with key product group leaders and develop a framework for translating and communicating roadmap and lifecycle requirements for all the relevant parties
- Reach out to key customers and conduct requirements, demo and iteration walkthroughs with end users.
- Support our partner and developer user communities with integrating Hadoop into their systems (ETL/TeraData etc).
- Meet all KPIs and ATBs. Provide world class operational support and up-time. Ensure cluster stability and 24x7 availability.
- Results oriented technology leader with significant experience in managing complex operations and systems infrastructure.
- Expert in Hadoop Operations and cluster deployments at large scale.
- Managed globally distributed high performance dev/ops teams with a passion and understanding of how to build a DevOps organization.
- Managed Agile/scrum, dev/ops team methodology and processes.
- Proficient in managing a department including budget, contracts, and vendor relationships.
- Technical understanding of Hadoop, the Hadoop ecosystem and emerging Big Data technologies.
- Capable of producing all types of documents including statement of direction, functional specifications, Power Point presentations, etc.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once, set priorities, work independently, problem solve, improvise, and function as part of a team that performs well under pressure.
- Experience collaborating across virtual cross-functional teams that are not under direct control including product management, vendors and customers.
- Superior customer and communications skills, both written and verbal. Strong presentation skills.
- Thrives in fast-paced environment within an established data management company.
- 5+ years of Hadoop management, technical or engineering experience, plus Enterprise software experience preferred.
- BSCS, BSEE or equivalent technical degree
- 5+ years of Hadoop Management
At PayPal, we put people at the center of everything we do. Founded in 1998, we continue to be at the forefront of the digital payments revolution, processing almost 10 million payments for our customers per day. PayPal gives people better ways to connect to their money and to each other, helping them send money without sharing financial information and with the flexibility to pay using their PayPal account balances, bank accounts, PayPal Credit and credit cards. With our 157 million active digital wallets, we have created an open and secure payments ecosystem people and businesses choose to securely transact with each other online, in stores and on mobile devices. PayPal is a truly global payments platform that is available to people in 203 markets, allowing customers to get paid in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds to their bank accounts in 57 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 26 currencies.
No salary provided
Posted February 18, 2015 at 07:25PM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1AFY3Om
Business Development Representative (Sales) – Engineering Staffing Solutions
Houston, Texas Area, US - Staffing and Recruiting
Kelly Services, Inc., a $5.6 billion world leader in human resources solutions seeks a highly motivated Engineering Business Development Representative. This individual will work within a multi- billion dollar industry where you can build your own business and have uncapped earning potential.
This individual will be accountable for business development including the following: territory management, lead identification and qualification, cold calling, setting appointments, creating and developing proposals and pricing models, making presentations, documenting customer agreements (e.g., contract, service agreement), closing sales through effective negotiation, documenting sales activities and may conduct business reviews. After the account has been sold, the Business Development Representative is responsible for partnering with the branch staff to ensure effective service delivery. Successful business development will result in cost-effective, quality solutions for our customers, a positive work environment and fair pay for our temporary employees, and, most importantly, increased market share and profitability for Kelly Services.
- Develop business with prospective strategic customers and penetration and retention of existing customers.
- Possess a proven ability to develop business, build relationships, network, and communicate both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate a strong internal/external customer focus and personal leadership, and solid negotiation and presentation skills.
- Collaborate effectively with all levels of management.
- Adhere to the sales metrics and thresholds.
- Remain current with competitive trends, staffing/human resource issues and market conditions and their effect on business.
- Operating within company policy, exercises discretion and independent judgment in making decisions.
- Build and maintain mutually beneficial business relationships not only with decision-makers and end users at current and prospective customers, but also with community leaders and representatives from relevant business associations (e.g., Society of Human Resource Managers).
Salary + Uncapped Commission
Posted February 18, 2015 at 07:25PM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1AFYvfr
Hays London City Projects
IT Security Consultant - Infrastructure, Networking, Security
London, United Kingdom, GB - Information Technology and Services
IT Security Consultant - Infrastructure, Networking, Security
My client is a high profile Insurance firm who require an experienced, confident and personable IT Security Consultant to work closely with the Information Security and Infrastructure teams on one of the Industry's largest, most complex programmes as a matter of urgency.
As IT Security Consultant, the successful candidate will act as the security SME ensuring robust security controls are implemented to manage risks and comply to legal, regulatory and internal policy and standards. You will also ensure applications are being developed and tested in line with expected security requirements. Other responsibilities will see you review and support the end to end solution, identify policy compliance gaps, implement commensurate security controls and record and raise awareness of project, program and operational risks.
To be considered you must have IT security experience, with strong knowledge of Infrastructure, Networking and Security. You must be a strong communicator, confident and capable of facing off to very senior stakeholders.
IT Security Consultant
£500.00 - £600.00 per annum
Posted February 18, 2015 at 07:18PM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/17r23oi
Two hundred and twenty-four apparently unretouched photos of self-styled Queen Bey Beyoncé were leaked on a website called The Beyoncé World this morning, sending shockwaves across the one inhabited by all of us. They come from commercial and ad shoots for L'Oréal's 2013 Feria and Infallible campaigns and should make you and Solange feel a little bit more secure about yourselves.
from Gawker http://ift.tt/1AFSUpxRead More