Monday, January 12, 2015
I missed the first series of Broadchurch and started with series two. Should I just keep going and pretend I’ve been watching all along?
So here is my dilemma, and I am going to be frank about it. At the time of writing, I have watched 1.197 episodes of Broadchurch. I have watched the whole of the first episode of series two, and I have watched approximately 11 very confusing but quite interesting minutes of the final episode of series one. Here’s the problem: should I stay or should I go? When is it too late to catch up on a televisual phenomenon?
Should I keep watching the show as it is broadcast now, regardless of the fact that I have not seen series one and will possibly misunderstand many details, but will at least be able to join in with current conversations? Or should I wait until I have seen series one, bearing in mind that I’m unlikely to do that? I don’t have time to watch series one and then start catching up on series two.
from Network Front | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1IjqgKNRead More
Troubles in the eurozone have hit British boat exports but domestic demand helped the marine industry eke out sales growth over the last year, new figures show on Monday.
Growth at smaller firms made up for a difficult year at the more export-focused big manufacturers, helping overall sales grow for the third year running, albeit by just 1%, according to a report from the British Marine Federation released at the London Boat Show. Total revenue in the UK leisure, superyacht and small commercial marine industry rose to £2.93bn in the year to April 2014 from £2.91bn a year earlier.
from Network Front | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1Bal7TpRead More
Google Android Auto and Apple CarPlay both connect mobile phones to in-car touchscreens, but using apps while driving brings risks
I don’t often see a YouTube video that truly worries me, but one from the LA Auto show in November still gives me shivers. It was meant to be reassuring and delightful, because it was showing how Google and Apple want to integrate their mobile phone systems – so your phone, basically – into car dashboards.
The video is about eight minutes, with Dom Esposito trying out a Hyundai Sonata at the show that works with both Google’s Android Auto and Apple’s CarPlay. “We’re going to put these two head-to-head to see which one offers the best in-car mobile experience,” promises Esposito. And so the terror starts. He sits in the (left-hand) driver’s seat and shows how you plug your phone into a cable, which projects a version of the phone screen onto a dashboard display, which makes it “a little bit safer and easier to use it [your mobile] while you’re on the road”.
from Network Front | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1y3hUE9Read More
from Network Front | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1DPdTnjRead More
• Forward takes selfie after leading fightback
Francesco Totti went for a haircut on Sunday morning. He needed to look just so. The Roma captain knew all eyes would be upon him as he led his team out to face city rivals Lazio that afternoon – and he was planning to put on a show.
For weeks he had been looking ahead to this fixture. This would be Totti’s 40th appearance in the Derby della Capitale, 15 more than any other player has achieved. One more goal would be enough to make him the all-time leading scorer in league matches between the two sides. It was essential that he had an appropriate celebration prepared.
from Network Front | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1KBxtYMRead More
Hays Specialist Recruitment
Motor Fleet Trading Underwriter
Manchester, United Kingdom, GB - Insurance
Specialist Insurer seek an experienced Motor Fleet Trading Underwriter in Manchester. The business pride themselves on the relationships they hold with their brokers, providing a bespoke service tailored to the insurance and risk management needs of the end customer.
You will take over an existing Motor Fleet book and will have a large focus on retaining and building this portfolio through their existing panel of partner brokers.
Although renewals will initially be a large part of the role, it is essential that you will need to have a trading mentality when applying for this role.
We are interested in hearing from experienced Motor Fleet Underwriters seeking a challenging but highly rewarding role within a dynamic team.
No salary provided
Posted January 12, 2015 at 01:47PM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1yaMquh
Learning Operations Specialist
Hyderabad Area, India, IN - Pharmaceuticals
Learning Operations Specialist
Global Develop NPH
Nov Hltcr Shared Services Ind
Learning Solution Delivery Management • Coordinate pre- and post-learning program activities . • Act as Learning Operations Manager for established (mature) learning solutions by working in partnership with Trainers, Vendors, SMEs and Learning Program Managers (if needed) to continue successful delivery. • Manage all operational and logistical aspects and processes of a learning solution offering including general administration • Collect and evaluate data and information from the learner experience (utilization, knowledge transfer and application) to identify needs for updates and plan for future demand. • Drive the process to update established learning solutions with Lead SME and Program Man-agers; smaller updates are to be done. Suggest and drive revision of learning solution and learning material if necessary. • Ensure reliable, timely and full provision of all logistical aspects of training delivery (e.g. cater-ing and technical support) including local equipment in training room or for virtual trainings. Learning Administration • Define/oversee/implement the preparation of an annual training plan (including on-boarding) in close collaboration with the Competency Building Leads and the Learning Expertise team. • Monitor, assess and follow up the global, regional and local, mandatory & non-mandatory training status of Development associates in the area of responsibility. • Ensure course (offering) is set up in the Learning Management System in a globally standard-ized way, sign-in sheets are prepared, delivered to the respective training, and follow up activi-ties, like finalize courses based on sign in sheet. • Manage reporting requests from clients and key stakeholders. • Ensure consistency and correctness of data entry in LMS/iLearn for own & third party events. Departmental Support – Catalogue Management • Can act as a Learning Operations Manager for established (mature) learning solutions for assigned learner audiences, in close collaboration with the respective Competency Building Lead. • Maintain web repository including on-boarding tool, role-based training curricula, inventory of catalogue, and events calendar.
Bachelors or Master's degree in scientific discipline. 2-3 years' experience with Training, GxP requirements and/or Healthcare Industry. Past experience in (learning) event management desirable English written and spoken, additional languages are desirable and an asset • Project management skills • Implementation skills • Strong negotiation skills with SMEs • Ability to update learning content based on evaluation feedback • Knowledge of Novartis tools, proficiency in the use of technology • Attention to detail • Analytical thinker • A proactive self-starting personality • Team player • Working experience in a global team desirable • Commitment to flexible working hours (team members are located in different time zones) • Advanced computer skills proficiency in MS Office, Internet and experience with databases (LMS / iLearn) and / or reporting software (Crystal) • Understanding of drug development
No salary provided
Posted January 12, 2015 at 01:46PM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1yaMnPc
CGI IT UK
Reading, United Kingdom, GB - Management Consulting
End-to-end business solutions typically encompass data architectures and enterprise-grade business applications. You will be responsible for the development of end-to-end solution designs, incorporating all elements of architecture. The solution architect ensures that all applications, infrastructure and services used within a business solution work together seamlessly to deliver business benefits.
You must possess an in-depth knowledge of business applications, technology stacks and development practices.
This role will be the primary technical contact point on one or more projects. This role also adds value by implementing common CGI standards, methodologies, systems and hardware that are consistently stable, reliable and which deliver business benefits.
The role will be particularly suited to anyone with a broad solution design, application, infrastructure and integration background.
The main responsibilities of the Solution Architect include:
* Develop an end-to-end solution design to meet business requirements ensuring the end-to-end application architecture integrates seamlessly with infrastructure, data and business architectures and will gain approval through all applicable governance processes
* Peer review end-to-end solution designs and implementations
* Ensure that the end-to-end solution architecture meets all non-functional requirements and CGI policies and standards
* Make recommendations regarding technical options to meet business challenges and opportunities
* Ensure that a holistic, systems approach including cost and business benefits is taken into consideration, design tradeoffs are considered, a focus on interfaces (such as hardware/software), security and sizing
* Experience of delivery into Data centre environments including secure Data centres
* Keep up-to-date with the latest trends and developments in technology
* An understanding of third party applications, vendor identification, vendor selection and partnerships
* Understanding of integration best practices
* Appreciation of middleware technologies and their application
* Experience of service oriented architectures
* Experience of secure environments and application delivery
Essential Experience and Qualifications:
* Degree or higher, or relevant experience
* TOGAF certification desirable
* Experience as an architect or senior IT professional in managed services company, working with internal stakeholders and external clients/suppliers or solutions delivery, for example in technical or business design function
* Possesses a broad knowledge of solution areas such security, business analysis, applications, integration and infrastructure, service management, including trends in the current marketplace and understands how these interact to arrive at a solution
* Knowledge of cloud computing environments
* Understands complex business problems and commercial frameworks and how to apply a logical, systematic approach to arrive at an appropriate solution
* Experience of cost estimation and modelling
* Experience of secure environments with a layered security approach
* Experience of large-scale technology refresh programmes
* Expert in using architectural principles and frameworks
* Significant experience of adopting and enforcing governance and assurance methods
* Experience of designing & implementing solutions as part of multi-stream change programmes
* Knowledge of infrastructure architectures, including server design and deployment, clustering, load balancing, resilience and storage; an appreciation of how infrastructure affects application design and vice versa
* Strong communication skills to communicate with customers, support personnel and different managerial levels, reducing complex ideas to simple terms and express these to both a non-technical and technical audience
* Strong creative thinking, problem solving, planning, time-management and organisation skills to balance and prioritise work
* Strong ability to manage multiple programs, handle multiple assignments simultaneously and switch between assignments quickly
* Strong ability to create and maintain formal and informal networks
* Strong ability to lead and work in a team environment
* Willingness to travel
* This role has SC clearance as mandatory due to the nature of the work. To apply, you must be willing and able to undergo the UK's vetting process. Non-UK nationals applying for vacancies where a security clearance is a mandatory requirement must meet the UK's 5 year residency criteria in order for their application to be considered.
At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 68,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
£55000 - £70000 per annum + benefits
Posted January 12, 2015 at 01:36PM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1y4tkt6
Mercuri Urval Italy
Italy, IT - Oil & Energy
Nel ruolo proposto il candidato prescelto sarà responsabile di identificare le esigenze IT relativamente alle diverse aree di business, identificando le soluzioni più adeguate. Dovrà progettare e sviluppare la strategia IT sulla base delle politiche aziendali, raccomandare le soluzioni IT, facilitando soluzioni e servizi innovativi, seguire la progettazione e lo sviluppo di soluzioni di infrastruttura, così come il mantenimento di queste soluzioni, garantire le policy e le norme di sicurezza relative alla gestione della sicurezza delle informazioni, coordinare il supporto agli utenti rispetto alle applicazioni aziendali, coordinare i fornitori di servizi IT e supervisionare l'acquisto e l'installazione di servizi e supporti di software e hardware. Operativamente coinvolto nei processi di installazione e configurazione dei sistemi informatici e office (computer, fax, videoconferenza, stampanti, laptop).
No salary provided
Posted January 12, 2015 at 01:25PM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1BakdXb
Hays Specialist Recruitment
RPO / MSP Internal Recruiter
London, United Kingdom, GB - Human Resources
Hays Internal Recruiters play an instrumental role in our business. Not only are they responsible for the hiring of high calibre, market leading talent, they are also seen as an influential member of the business, further positioning Hays as the employer of choice in the UKI recruitment industry.
A rare and exciting opportunity presents itself in Hays Talent Solutions for a strong recruitment consultant with proven success to join the Internal Recruitment team - the team driving national head count growth!
Reporting to the Head of Internal Recruitment, you'll liaise with RPO / MSP candidates on a day to day basis on a fast paced, high volume, transactional desk. You will present Hays as the employer of choice through market leading assessment methodology and ensure you provide the business with ambitious, accountable, focused individuals.
As a successful Internal Recruiter you have pride, passion and belief in our business. You'll be result focused and work closely with your senior management team to provide internal recruitment solutions. You'll have in-depth knowledge of the recruitment industry, ideally RPO / MSP and present yourself as a Hays ambassador both internally and externally.
A competitive salary is on offer for the right candidate who is looking to develop an already successful desk to new heights.
For more information on this role, please contact Jenna Alexander on firstname.lastname@example.org
£30000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + comms
Posted January 12, 2015 at 01:24PM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1yaIiuu
from adafruit industries blog http://ift.tt/1tZgD1eRead More
A teenager who stabbed to death a 14-year-old boy he met while playing online video games was also accused of sexually assaulting another boy, it can be reported for the first time.
Computer engineer Lewis Daynes, 19, pleaded guilty to the murder of Breck Bednar, who was found with a fatal neck wound at a flat in Grays, Essex, on 17 February.
from Network Front | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1C78BCnRead More
Mark Ronson’s new album features guest appearances from Stevie Wonder and Tame Impala’s Kevin Parker. Listen here ahead of its release, and read Ronson’s track-by-track guide too
Not content with being behind the most infectious record of 2014, Mark Ronson has decided to go ahead and make an entire album’s worth of laser-precisioned pop bangers. Not that he’s done it all on his own – a glance through the credits here shows that the Back to Black producer enlisted a little help from friends such as Tame Impala’s Kevin Parker, rapper Mystikal and novelist Michael Chabon who wrote the lyrics. Oh, and some guy called Stevie Wonder.
In a recent interview with the Guardian, Ronson acknowledged that Uptown Special could be seen as something of a career renaissance. “I’ve made something so good that people don’t actually think it’s me,” he told Alexis Petridis.
from Network Front | The Guardian http://ift.tt/14OwjZ3Read More
from Network Front | The Guardian http://ift.tt/14OwbZHRead More
A circle of pens in Trafalgar Square has been a moving tribute to the journalists and cartoonists who lost their lives in the Charlie Hebdo attack
If you had passed through Trafalgar Square in London in the last few days you would have seen a brightly coloured circle of pens that had been growing steadily since the day after Wednesday’s attack on the Charlie Hebdo offices in Paris. The pen has long been a symbol of freedom of expression and the vibrant display of multicoloured pens, pencils, crayons and felt-tips – tools of trade for cartoonists and writers – is a poignant reminder of all those who lost their lives in Paris.
As the first tributes were left on Thursday, there was no circle, just a few random pens, so how did this memorial begin?
from Network Front | The Guardian http://ift.tt/14Ow7ctRead More
More American adults are using LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter, but they’re logging on to Facebook more than ever too
Facebook is weathering the growth of rival social networks including LinkedIn and Twitter well, according to a new study of Americans’ social media habits by the Pew Research Center.
Contrary to regular speculation that Facebook users are drifting away, Pew’s survey of 1,597 adult internet users in the US found that 71% were using Facebook in 2014 – the same percentage as the previous year.
from Network Front | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1IE2ZlgRead More
Hays Specialist Recruitment Ltd
Principal Procurement Specialist
Watford, United Kingdom, GB - Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Fantastic opportunity to join this fast paced, multi-national dynamic organisation as a Principal Procurement Specialist, procuring Networks, Telecoms and Software categories. You will be working with the Category Manager, taking responsibility for all UK Network & Telecoms procurement, working in a multi-functional team, managing the contracts, conducting performance reviews, negotiating contract renewals and leading competitions
* Participate and contribute in a multifunctional team to develop and implement UK Sourcing and management strategies
* Support the development of a sourcing strategy through a multi-function team which applies competitive methodologies to drive down prices to achieve and preferably exceed pre-agreed targets, whilst introducing a strong set of terms and conditions to the suppliers
* Leading multi-functional teams to deliver competitions as defined by the Category Manager. These competitions will involve a number of suppliers (between 2 and 7) and run to a tight timescale against best practice processes/ utilising latest procurement methods
* Negotiate, draft and review contracts for goods / services within assigned categories (for approval with the Group Category Manager) to maximise cost reduction, timely delivery and consistent quality of goods / services by agreement of a comprehensive set of terms and conditions
* Manage contracts resulting from competitions, values between £200k and £2m. This involves relationship management skills, leading and influencing key stakeholders and commercial acumen
* Manage and improve supplier performance including reviews with suppliers. Implement appropriate supplier management processes to drive selected suppliers within assigned categories toward world class performance. Serve as focal point for the supplier relationship
Skills and Experience
* Degree Calibre, or MCIPS Qualified or working towards
* Good track record in and prior knowledge of IT and Telecom category is ideal but not essential
* Strong relationship management and negotiation skills with the ability to lead and influence key stakeholders and suppliers
* Good Contract drafting / Negotiation skills crucial
* Pragmatic individual with drive and flexibility to work with different cultures and nationalities
£40000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + Bonus
Posted January 12, 2015 at 01:08PM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/14L7he8
Business Development Executive, Enterprise
Greater New York City Area, US - Information Technology and Services, Internet, Computer & Network Security
- Generate new sales consistent with monthly and quarterly targets.
- Prepare commercial and technical service proposals and ensure such proposals are technically and commercially sound.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with business executives in both prospective and client organizations.
- Develop a sales plan consistent with Equinix objectives. Track, manage, and report ongoing activity relative to plan.
- Negotiate complex contractual terms and conditions.
- Position at multiple levels and with various vertical organizations.
- Develop successful partnerships with internal organizations including Solutions Architects, Sales Engineering, Contracts, Billing, FP&A, Product Marketing, etc.
- Develop a detailed strategic business plan based on the Revenue Storm Account Selling methodology.
Qualifications & Experience
- Successful track record of selling high profile solutions to national and global clients.
- A track record of over-achieving sales quotas.
- Thorough understanding of the underlying technologies and economics of the Internet. Must be familiar with the unique technical requirements of large network clients.
- Strong digital media network amongst studios and broadcasters.
- Affinity with Digital workflow, post production and distribution.
- Strategic selling experience to large organizations.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to effectively communicate to senior management both within and outside the company.
- Ability to prepare and deliver professionally structured and written client proposals with limited supervision.
- Flexibility to work outside of standard 9am-6pm US time zone hours.
- Very strong negotiation and closing skills.
- Proven ability to function at a high level in a global organization.
- Accurately forecast new sales and revenue projections on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Experience working with contact and pipeline management software.
** EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled .
No salary provided
Posted January 12, 2015 at 01:02PM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1xga44J
Internal Audit Team Lead
Amsterdam Area, Netherlands, NL - Computer Hardware, Consumer Electronics
Lenovo is not just another technology company. We make the technology that powers the world’s best ideas. We design tools for those who are driven by accomplishment. We are the company that powers the people who Do. The engine that helps them Do more. Do better. Do what’s never been done. And we are united in the quest to help our users defy the impossible.
We are looking for driven individuals who thrive in a truly global and culture… …..come put your career on the fast track with the fastest growing PC company in the world!!
Lenovo…. For Those Who Do.
This position is designed for an individual with a fundamental understanding of business processes and policies with a broad background in helping others to interpret policies including the audit process. Should have a sound knowledge of the audit process and possess good process analytical skills.
Should provide leadership in the team's effective use of audit testing and data analysis. Should possess good project management skills and be able to lead small and medium sized special projects or activities within the organization. Recognize when to truncate and when to extend an audit. Prepare complete audit work products, including preparation of data sheets and work papers within standard time frames. Maintain positive relationship with clients and act in a professional manner.
Contribution / Leadership
A person in this position should contribute to the team in achieving audit objectives. He or she should be able to lead all phases of an audit from planning to audit report preparation. Additionally, this person should at times be able to extend beyond their immediate department and should be able to influence organization objectives or assist in achieving organizational measurements. Will work independently on scope areas within the audit process.
Impact on Business / Scope
Accountable for audit activities and/or projects involving multi-functional teams. Regularly participates in overall functional program planning. Activities are subject to business measurements and may impact customer satisfaction as well as project costs or expenses.
Clearly communicate in English, both written and orally, relevant facts to a client, team leader, and management. Alert management when concerns arise. Offer recommendations or solutions to problems. Quantify materiality and articulate business risks associate with findings, if appropriate. Modify and develop audit programs and procedures as required.
This position requires a significant amount of travel across EMEA (up to approximately 65%).
- 3-5 years experience as an Internal Auditor
- Manufacturing industry experience preferred
- International experience a plus
- Must be open to 65% travel
- Familiarity with Lenovo and its internal processes and systems a plus.
No salary provided
Posted January 12, 2015 at 12:44PM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/14L4S2Z
Hays Specialist Recruitment
Leeds, United Kingdom, GB - Marketing and Advertising
This leading FMCG business are looking for a Category Manager to join their busy marketing team. The role will work with the national account customer and develop plans and proposals for the customer. You will influence retailer sales by bringing strategy to life and improving retailer productivity. You will help to identify future business and consumer requirements and opportunities to drive sales and liaise with product marketing regarding the requirements for this. This is a central function role that will communicate with a number of departments. The role is customer facing and will involve juggling multiple projects and accounts at one time.
The role will be analytical, including analysing EPoS data to assess prior performance in order to decide future strategy, as well as completing competitor reviews, visit retailers to assess current trends and formulate new ideas for display. Regular contact with buyers is essential. The role will be responsible for 2 members of staff and so a background of man-management would be required.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of working in a category management capacity, you will have significant experience working on retailer-linked activity. Excellent Excel and analytical skills are essential, as well as the ability to work on multiple projects at any one time.
No salary provided
Posted January 12, 2015 at 12:46PM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1DAhf0e
Orienta Spa Agenzia per il lavoro / Outsourcing
Responsabile Commerciale di zona (Empoli)
Florence Area, Italy, IT - Information Technology and Services
Ricerchiamo per azienda del circondario empolese valdelsa Leader nel settore dell’ Information Tecnology un/una Responsabile Commerciale di zona. La persona selezionata riporta al Direttore Commerciale dell’azienda e deve avere necessariamente maturato esperienza come addetto commerciale nel settore informatico e applicativi informatici. In particolare la persona deve conoscere: Infrastrutture server, sicurezza dati, i-clou, team system, CRM, Business Intelligent, o almeno parte delle precedenti applicazioni. La posizione prevede inserimento con contratto d’ assunzione a tempo indeterminato. Completano il profilo ottime doti relazionali, capacità di negoziazione e saper lavorare in autonomia.
No salary provided
Posted January 12, 2015 at 12:45PM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1wOOzZU
Senior researcher, SW, networking and routing architecture researcher
Beijing City, China, CN - Computer Hardware, Consumer Electronics
Lenovo has become the third-largest x86 server provider in the world after the acquisition of IBM’s x86 server business. Now Lenovo is building a world class enterprise server lab and is seeking researchers with experience and passion in SDN/SDS, virtualization, network, Linux, server design, etc. We are particularly interested in candidates who have a proven record of strong innovation, good hands-on skills and solid research background.
* Master or higher degree in computer science or related field
* 8+ years of working experience in networking, routing, SDN, BMC
* Proven record of strong innovation capability
* Strong leadership skill, presentation skill, communication skill
* Proactive, good team work, flexible
No salary provided
Posted January 12, 2015 at 12:44PM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1KBsZ4l
The Walt Disney Company
Marketing Intern - DCP
China, CN - Entertainment, Consumer Goods, Online Media
An internship with The Walt Disney Company – China is unlike any other. As a participant, you'll cultivate your talents and grow your office skills. Working and learning with students from around the country, you'll also have the unique opportunity to surround yourself with industry leaders and be mentored by true innovators.
You will get valuable on-the-job training and develop skills you'll apply during the course of your career. Experience everything an internship with Disney has to offer and bring your enthusiasm and eagerness to learn.
The marketing intern will work with franchise management team of Disney Consumer Products business, supporting the managers to execute projects and routine business activities. Responsibilities
- Closely follow up the manager for market research on
1) Chinese market/player information by sub-category from website
2) potential business player
3) market data
- Help collect and analyse data from licensee event/exhibition
- Support and arrange category managers to visit retailers for licensee store check
- Basic Qualifications
- Fluent spoken and written in both English and Chinese
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Able to work at least 3 days per week (weekdays)
- Able to work at the position for at least 6 months
- Graduation date is not earlier than June, 2015
- Must be eligible to work in the PRC
- Required Education Full-time university students working for bachelor degrees Job Posting Industries Corporate
No salary provided
Posted January 12, 2015 at 12:34PM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/14oIlI9
More than 1,000 farmers will not be paid for their milk on Monday, after the UK’s largest dairy company announced it was delaying payments because of a crash in prices.
First Milk, a co-operative owned by British farmers, said 2014 had been a “year of volatility that has never been seen before” in the global dairy industry. It will delay Monday’s payments to farmers by two weeks and all subsequent payments by a fortnight.
from Network Front | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1Ba1VVKRead More
Britain’s general election television debates should go ahead even if David Cameron refuses an invitation to take part, a former editorial director of BBC TV News has said.
As the Labour leader, Ed Miliband, said he would be prepared to take part in an “empty chair” debate without the prime minister, Roger Mosey said one party should not be allowed to prevent the debates taking place.
from Network Front | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1Ba1TNTRead More
Birmingham is a ‘totally Muslim city’, Fox News terrorism expert Steven Emerson has explained to viewers. Twitter users were quick to ridicule the comments. Here’s a round-up of the best
Non-Muslims do not go to the British city of Birmingham, which has become a “totally Muslim” city, terrorism expert Steven Emerson has claimed on US news channel Fox News.
In Britain, it’s not just no-go zones, there are actual cities like Birmingham that are totally Muslim where non-Muslims just simply don’t go in.
And, parts of London, there are actually Muslim religious police that actually beat and actually wound seriously anyone who doesn’t dress according to religious Muslim attire.
Emerson and his staff frequently provide briefings to US government and law enforcement agencies, members of Congress and congressional committees.
You are not allowed to eat anything during daylight in Ramada Inns. #Foxnewsfacts
In the Midlands, people we don't want to speak to are literally sent to Coventry - there's even a special bus for it. #FoxNewsFacts
from Network Front | The Guardian http://ift.tt/14OnzSZRead More
Lola Akinmade Åkerström of Slow Travel Stockholm says the Swedish capital is an androgynous eco-paradise
My name is Lola Akinmade Åkerström. I was born in Nigeria, studied and worked in the United States, and moved to Stockholm for love many moons ago after giving up my life as a system architect working with Geographic Information Systems (GIS). That was in 2009. Coming from two boisterous cultures – Nigerian and American – Sweden as a whole was an initial shock to the system. Life slowed down tremendously and the words “work-life balance” slowly crept into my psyche.
Today, I’m a freelance travel writer and photographer who contributes to many major publications. My photography is represented by National Geographic Creative and I’m also the editor-in-chief of Slow Travel Stockholm – a site that encourages travellers to my city to slow down, re-examine their motives for visiting, and get to know the city on a much deeper level. Yes, Stockholm truly is that superhot person who is also a modest rocket scientist. Getting beneath its surface is challenging but rewarding.
from Network Front | The Guardian http://ift.tt/14Onwq5Read More
The Lisboan Chiltern Firehouse chef would go for a Goan beach picnic with loved ones
I’d have my last meal on Ashwem Beach in northern Goa, as it was about 10 years ago, when it was still undeveloped and raw. I’ve travelled a fair bit, but that was where I’ve felt most at peace, and this would be a chance to share that with the people I love.
from Network Front | The Guardian http://ift.tt/14L0mS2Read More
Senior Manager Information Security Communications, Awareness & Training
London, United Kingdom, GB - Financial Services
Montash are retained to source a Senior Manager level expert in corporate communications with experience with tailore campaigns aimed to increase company wide awareness of information security risks.
This is a newly created position within the Enterprise Information Security function and will be tasked with devising the strategy to raise awareness of key information security risks across the organisation. This will be acheived through collaboration with business stakeholders in order to establish a network of "awareness advocates" spanning key locations throughout EMEA who will help roll out corporate communications at targeted groups as well as obtaining key metrics around the success of each campaign.
You will be responsible for the end to end definition and roll out of the program from requirements gathering, creation of materials, project management, metrics gathering and reporting and you will have control across 18 countries throughout EMEA.
£75,000 - £90,000 + Package
Posted January 12, 2015 at 12:27PM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1Ba2lM7
Hays Specialist Recruitment Ltd
Transformation Project Engagement officer
Gloucester, United Kingdom, GB - Information Technology and Services
Project Engagement Officer
Day Rate £150-200
A local source of reference, expertise and a lead conduit role for a Trust-wide IT transformation project responsible for ensuring highly effective staff and Service User engagement is planned and delivered during the project's lifetime;
To promote proactively the vision, objectives, activities and benefits of the project to staff / Service Users and obtain their, views, ideas, issues and challenges regarding mobile working technology; and
Overall accountability for the organisation and background administration for engagement events, working closely and collaboratively with staff and stakeholder groups to ensure the project meets their needs.
The post-holder will work independently, but interact with many other people and stakeholder forums on a day to day basis; and
The first named point of contact for communications and engagement activities during Phase 1 of the project.
If interested please get your most recent CV across
£150.00 - £200.00 per annum
Posted January 12, 2015 at 12:25PM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1KBpDyo
from adafruit industries blog http://ift.tt/1AHxJ35Read More
from O'Reilly Radar - Insight, analysis, and research about emerging technologies http://ift.tt/1xTRAMqRead More