Wednesday, April 22, 2015
VMware posted a job you might be interested in
Senior Systems Engineer, Major Account SE - Milwaukee, WI
Greater Milwaukee Area, US - Computer Software, Information Technology and Services, Computer & Network Security
Major Account SE - Milwaukee, WI
The VMware Systems Engineer plays a critical role in building and sustaining customer relationships while driving the adoption of VMware solutions to surpassing our revenue goals. The SE works very closely with sales to build long-term business relationships within assigned “named” accounts. The SE is a high impact, very visible role responsible for ensuring pervasive enterprise adoption of VMware software and solutions, and closing enterprise transactions within assigned accounts.
This position will be focused on strategic accounts in the region.
* 8+ years experience in technology related work, including roles in Pre-sales and/or customer-facing Consultant
* Ability to collaborate with and motivate multiple groups toward accomplishing a task
* Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality
* Proven track record of selling services as part of a solution
* Ability to see and present "the big picture" and offer solutions to make it better
* Strong customer facing and relationship building skills
* Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
* Strong listening and question based selling skills
* Ability to uncover business challenges and develop a custom solution to solve those challenges
* Experience with enterprise applications, security, systems management, and business continuity solutions a plus
* Ability to travel as necessary
* BA/BS or equivalent required
* Present VMware value proposition to customers and partners
* Understand the customer's high-level business challenges
* Match VMware solutions to customer's business and technical requirements
* Build long-term business relationships and become a trusted advisor within each named account, across all lines of business
* Sell professional services consistently as part of a total solution
* Define and implement a solution oriented go-to-market strategy for each named account to ensure technical adoption of VMware solutions
* Build and leverage strong OEM and partner relationships
* Identify new customer projects for VMware solutions
* Present VMware vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executives and technical management
* Drive the adoption of VMware solutions within strategic accounts moving current installations from departmental to enterprise
* Mentor other systems engineers
At VMware, your On-Target Earnings are real, not virtual. We offer a competitive base salary plus a monthly commission which is tied directly to your team’s quota attainment. Of course, given our growth, many of our teams surpass quota and enjoy the benefits of a plan that includes commission accelerators.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
Why work with our Group
The VMware Pre-Sales Engineer (SE) plays a critical role in building and sustaining customer relationships while driving the adoption of VMware solutions to surpassing our revenue goals. The SE works very closely with sales teams to build long-term business relationships within assigned accounts. The SE is a high impact, very visible role responsible for ensuring pervasive enterprise adoption of VMware software and solutions, and closing enterprise transactions within assigned accounts
Milwaukee, WI, US
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2014 revenues of $6.04 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 75,000 partners, and 18,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on architecting what's next in IT? Learn more at vmware.com/careers.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
No salary provided
Posted March 27, 2015 at 09:13AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1NgIlfa