Wednesday, April 22, 2015
VMware posted a job you might be interested in
Senior Director of Datacenter Operations
San Francisco Bay Area, US - Computer Software, Information Technology and Services, Computer & Network Security
The primary responsibilities of the Senior Director of Datacenter Operations is to provide executive management of all VMware, Inc. datacenters, co-locations and labs worldwide including Data Center Strategy, contract negotiations and management, Vendor selection, and governance. This position will have all the Data Center/Lab managers reporting to them.
Secondary responsibilities include datacenter consolidation and budgeting.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Manage all internal tenant requests.
* Coordinate closely with REW on security and compliance standards.
* Manage availability and SLA for new deployments and break fix
* Manage the network within the Data Center and work with the Networking team on Internet and MPLS access.
* Support different groups including R&D and IT.
* Manage multiple and conflicting priorities with minimal direction.
* Work with tenants and project management to insure timely creation of new technical environments.
* Work with Security and BCP groups for contingency planning.
Desired Skills and Experience
* Ten to fifteen years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Previous experience in managing multi-site data center operations.
* Previous experience architecting cloud hosted solutions.
* Extensive experience with disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
* Experience in establishing security standards and procedures.
* Extensive experience is external threat mitigation including perimeter technologies.
* Be willing and able to work flexible hours, including work in the evenings, on the weekends and during holidays (scheduled and unscheduled).
* Required to carry a cell phone during after-hours work
* Excellent Communication and Customer Support skills.
* A Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Management Information Systems or in lieu of degree 10+ years of equal work experience and technical training required
Why work for our Division
VMware IT provides technology services and support, enabling efficiency, simplicity and productivity for internal business partners and external customers. The VMware IT organization provides two distinct, yet compatible functions. The IT team enables productivity and supports all employees; the organization additionally supports the company in its growth as the global leader in cloud infrastructure by developing and showcasing VMware products and technology. Working in tandem, these two functionalities reduce IT complexity and cost, both within VMware and for its customers.
Why work with our Group
TechOps provides the desktop, lab and infrastructure support services needed by engineers to build VMware's products. This team assists with activities that range from deploying and configuring lab equipment to troubleshooting desktops and maintaining critical development and QA applications. The organization’s vision is to ensure that engineering is delighted with the services provided. TechOps achieves this vision by executing against key business objectives driven by a set of core values of delivering technology and services that are reliable and predictable.
Palo Alto, CA, US
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2014 revenues of $6.04 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 75,000 partners, and 18,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on architecting what's next in IT? Learn more at vmware.com/careers.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
No salary provided
Posted March 27, 2015 at 09:13AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1yheLxf