Project Manager - Business Operations
Ireland, IE - Information Services, Information Technology and Services, Telecommunications
Work on interesting, multidimensional projects and manage the development of high-profile initiatives across our business. Collaborate with clients, guide and inspire cross-functional teams, and tap into your leadership skills to successfully oversee every step of a projects evolution.
This position will act as the Chief of Staff for Verizon Services Ireland Limited (VSIL). This candidate will be responsible for ensuring deliverables are met, preparing for events; including presentation material; talking points; and other logistics. Additionally, this position will also be responsible for managing and coordinating activities that may include project management, communications, event facilitation, records retention, real estate coordination, employee onboarding, university relations, training and development, recognition awards, surveys, policy and procedures and business continuity and emergency preparedness planning.
The ideal candidate will have the acumen to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities. This position will simultaneously lead long term projects in addition to urgent immediate demands pertaining to various Supply Chain strategic initiatives. Candidate must also demonstrate the ability to deal with highly confidential information and act as a liaison between the Supply Chain Services (SCS) leadership, VSIL Vice President, Director team, and other constituencies, both internal and external.
Engage in assigned projects in which a specific business problem is presented and requires investigation and deep data analysis. Examine the data collected, make recommendations then present findings to executives and project teams. It is expected that the incumbent will make recommendations that require little input from leadership.
Responsible for providing business and operational support.
Responsibilities include a broad range of staff and service functions to support the business. Perform a variety of tasks that include but are not limited to: Executive presentation development and schedule tracking, compiling of data, data analysis, budget/headcount tracking, and project management at a business level.
Individual contributor responsible for development of broad programs or projects in support of organizational or area strategies; communicates & translates functional/operational goals into team goals; manages implementation of policies and procedures. Creates practices that aid in the successful or functional area; typically reports to Vice President (Band 4).
Uses professional concepts and company policies and procedures to solve a wide range of complex problems in creative and practical ways; makes recommendations that aid in successful completion of initiatives within functional area. Typically involved in one or more large projects at a time; develops schedules to ensure timely completion of the project; identifies appropriate resources needed.
Span and Layer Guidelines
Decision Making Authority & Discretion
Receives broad guidance & is accountable for project or program results. Exercises considerable judgment in developing methods, techniques & evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Work is accomplished without considerable direction.
Develops resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity. Analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Knowledge and Skills
Requires advanced skills within a professional discipline including familiarity with principles, theories concepts and technologies as well as applied knowledge of established procedures, policies, practices and general knowledge of other areas. Requires independent thinking.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Supply Chain, Project Management or Finance experience
• Exceptional organization skills
• Advanced skills in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, SharePoint, Project, Visio)
• Sensitivity and orientation to identify systemic issues
• The ability to give and receive constructive criticism
- Executive communication skills, both written and verbal
o Upwards to the VP and peers
o Laterally to others on the executive team
o Downward throughout the organizational chart
• Exceptional problem solving and issue identification skills
• Ability to build good working relationships across the organization
• Advanced skills within Supply Chain and general knowledge of other lines of business
• Trouble shooting and creative system orientated solutions
• Professional reporting methodologies
• Information gathering and analysis
• A keen mind and multi-focal intelligence
• Exercises considerable judgment in developing methods and techniques for obtaining results
• Experience developing and implementing large projects
• Experience analyzing data and making recommendations based on findings
• Experience working with cross functional teams
No salary provided
Posted April 23, 2015 at 08:06AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1DR2aFN