Procurement Specialist - Core Technologies
Ireland, IE - Information Services, Information Technology and Services, Telecommunications
You love the challenge of figuring out how to streamline workflow. Manage the day-to-day operations of our network equipment through multiple channels and ensure product support to our customers through logistics, inventory planning and cost efficiencies. In other words, help us put the pieces of the puzzle together.
At Verizon, you can work for a company that tackles the world’s toughest challenges. We’re creating solutions that help businesses optimize their operations, families connect from anywhere, and whole communities leave smaller, greener footprints. It takes vision. It takes focus. That’s why we’re bringing together the brightest minds and latest technologies – to push boundaries, drive real change, and create a brighter future for all. This is the kind of work we do. And you can be part of it.
What we are looking to achieve?
Verizon’s Supply Chain organisation is building a best-in-class, Global Strategic Sourcing Centre of Excellence based in Dublin.
We wish to attract the brightest and biggest-thinking minds in the international strategic sourcing industry, to create, build and run a team that sets the benchmark across the globe, whilst driving outstanding shareholder value for Verizon. As a Sourcing Specialist, you will be part of a team that will control and manage one of the largest annual technology spends in the world.
Is this the challenge you are looking for?
What we need you to execute on:
- Assist in supporting Verizon's cost savings and revenue generation business goals through the sourcing process for spend category areas
- Participate in contract negotiations regarding business and pricing terms with Suppliers
- Development of strategic sourcing RFP’s and participate in evaluation of Supplier responses
- Conduct analysis of supplier proposals and present evaluation of responses to cross functional teams for consideration and selection
- Managing multiple time-sensitive projects
- Stay current with industry trends for category and become a Trusted Advisor to the business partner
- Maximize Verizon's purchasing power to achieve a lower cost while mitigating risk
- Present new products, technologies and services from existing or new suppliers to clients
What we need to make you successful
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Credentials from Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS), International Association for Contract & Commercial Management (IACCM) or Irish Institute of Purchasing & Materials Management (IIPMM)
- Experience in Sourcing, ideally in the technology areas such as Network Equipment and Infrastructure, Software Licensing, Call Center Services, Cloud, Contracted Labour, etc
- Self-motivated /self-starter with ability to work independently
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills and work independently to manage priorities
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite applications (including PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
Verizon is a global networking, cloud and cyber security company with offices in 72 countries. We serve 99% of the Fortune 500 and over 60% of the global public internet traffic flows through our IP backbone network. With more than $120 billion revenue we can and do invest in the best-in-class technology and top talent.
If you have the drive, energy and commitment to join over 170,000 like-minded people who are unlocking this positive potential of technology, we’ll support you every step of the way. Whether that’s through competitive compensation, award-winning training, or benefits so comprehensive we call them Total Rewards.
Start creating Powerful Answers today
No salary provided
Posted March 27, 2015 at 07:56AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1HTgqhM