Associate Performance Engineer
San Francisco Bay Area, US - Computer Software, Information Technology and Services, Internet
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
- love writing web applications and then find yourself preferring to spend time wringing every last ounce of performance out of them?
- know how to spin up additional AWS servers to improve your application’s throughput?
- write map reduce jobs to analyze the social media graph of your app’s users?
- use your mobile device to optimize the path to your 8am class?
- have a github account?
- overclock your CPU? (bonus points for nitrogen!)
- get excited every time you hear the word Big data or Analytics?
Do you keep up with the latest technologies, and wish you could work on something the scale of Facebook or LinkedIn, with even more functionality for mission critical business?
As a Performance Engineer on the Salesforce Analytics team, you'll be part of the team responsible for ensuring Salesforce.com is the world's most performant, scalable, and reliable enterprise cloud computing platform by creating the most complex load simulations and comprehensive end-to-end automation in the industry. Work closely with Developers and QE to understand the service architecture, gather requirements from Product Managers, and create and automate performance workloads with varying load and data shapes to simulate real world stresses with accuracy and precision. Your results analysis will help guide the deployment of critical features and ensure the service remains blazingly fast and bulletproof for our 100,000 customers worldwide. Multiple positions available.
You’ll analyze, understand, and improve Salesforce.com’s performance from server generation to browser rendering, using industry standard tools or the tools you create for measuring and visualizing the different components of site performance, across millions of users.
You will understand our architecture, define performance thresholds, run performance tests and your direct efforts will help us ensure we have the visibility necessary to identify potential areas of performance improvement as well as triage problems when they occur in one of our global production data centers.
- Working towards BS or MS in CS, EE or a related field
- Strong programming experience with any of the following - Java/Go/C/C++
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A self starter with a strong sense of self motivation
- You’re always trying out the latest cool project on github
- Strong Linux sysadmin skills
- Familiar with open source technologies
- Familiar with SQL and database design and scalability
- Familiar with Big Data challenges and NoSQL solutions like HBase and Hadoop
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com. Accessibility - If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
No salary provided
Posted April 23, 2015 at 07:30AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1PlZOnr