Escalation Engineer III (SteelHead)
Greater Boston Area, US - Computer Networking, Computer Software, Information Technology and Services
Riverbed ® is about changing the rules. Forget about how things work today – join us as we solve the problems of the future. Do you thrive on change? Do you like the constant challenge of the new? Do you value simplicity? Our intelligent insights and hard work makes things easy for our customers so we can enable them to serve their customers. Can you help us deliver technology without disruptions – technology that just works?
Riverbed Technology is the leader in application performance infrastructure, delivering the most complete platform for location-independent computing. Location-independent computing turns location and distance into a competitive advantage by giving IT the flexibility to host applications and data in the most optimal locations while ensuring applications perform as expected, data is always available when needed, and performance issues are detected and fixed before end users notice. Riverbed’s 24,000+ customers include 97% of the Fortune 100 and 95% of the Forbes Global 100.
About this Position:
- 5+ years experience in a technical support position, preferably with a networking technology company.
- Hands-on experience with Riverbed products is a plus.
- In depth knowledge and hands on experience in the following: SAN, NAS, NFS, SCSI, RAID, device drivers, and/or file systems
- Deep knowledge of networking, understanding of packet flow and TCP session establishment.
- Experience with UNIX/Linux/MS, scripting is a plus.
- Experience reading and understanding packet captures with tools like Sniffer and/or Ethereal/Wireshark.
- Basic understanding of WAN technologies, bandwidth and latency.
- Experience with general routing/switching, policy based routing, spanning-tree, VLANs and VLAN trunking (WCCP a big plus).
- Strong communication skills with customers, as well as internal company groups.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: QoS, Netflow, NAT, SSL, HTTP, CIFS, MAPI, NFS, Firewalls, RAID.
- Cisco CCNP or CCIE is highly preferred.
The WAN Optimization Group
The wide area network (WAN) is the foundation of a globally connected enterprise, enabling collaboration, communication, business productivity, and risk mitigation. When you join the WAN Optimization Group, you’ll have a hand in creating the products and solutions that are critical to everything organizations do over networks. You’ll work with top engineers to break the barriers that constrain businesses, and enable them to run faster and more efficiently. The group’s industry-leading products are built on our patented technology that accelerates applications through data, transport, and application streamlining. RiOS is the foundation of award-winning products, including SteelHead TM CX, SteelHead TM EX, SteelHead TM SaaS, SteelCentral TM Controller for SteelHead TM , and SteelHead TM Interceptor.
Why Riverbed Technology?
If you’re a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion-dollar-plus San Francisco-based company, then you should consider Riverbed. If you want to rapidly develop your career with a company that is also a great place to work, Riverbed should be at the top of your list. Riverbed recently won recognition from two of the most well reputed barometers of the work environment. We are the Glassdoor “Employees’ Choice” award winner as one of the top places to work, ranking #17 overall and #9 among technology companies. Additionally, we’ve been recognized with a Sloan award for work-life balance, which underscores our core values at Riverbed. If you can add to our collective talent and unique culture, then this job might be right for you!
Additional information about Riverbed (NASDAQ : RVBD ) is available at www.riverbed.com We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. M/F/D/V/LGBT.
No salary provided
Posted April 23, 2015 at 07:32AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1HXGYkw