Deal Desk Manager
Munich Area, Germany, DE - Computer Software, Information Technology and Services
Bringing structure to the unstructured by unleashing the power of information
OpenText Enterprise Information Management (EIM) technologies and business solutions allow organizations to take full advantage of enterprise information to gain better business insight, capitalize on opportunities to positively impact the business, improve process velocity, reduce risks related to information governance, and protect sensitive information and intellectual property from internal leaks and external threats. With growing volumes and a host of formats to manage and leverage, organizations need to bring structure to the unstructured. By doing so, they will be unleashing the power of information to drive faster decision making, improved agility, strong security policies, and an increased ability to both exploit the opportunities and control the risks of enterprise information. OpenText provides solutions across the entire range of core EIM capabilities – sophisticated, secure, high-value, and cost-effective – onsite, via mobile devices, private cloud, or in the cloud.
What is the role?
The Deal Desk group is responsible for evaluating revenue transactions on behalf of the CEO and CFO to optimize revenue for OpenText.
To optimize revenue for OpenText through advising and supporting Sales on deal economics.
What you will be doing:
- Represent CEO and CFO in evaluating and approving transactions for maximum overall value
- Communicate with Sales executives on specific transactions and Deal Desk messaging
- Direct deal structure with the Sales teams to maximize overall value
- Provide guidance on contract structure and pricing and train the field organization on maximizing revenue and value for OpenText
- Work closely with Sales, Legal, Sales Operations, Global Services, as well as Support to enhance value and consistency across all geographic regions
- Enhance existing processes to streamline the sales cycle - Understand products, pricing, and licensing structures
- 7+ years of Accounting, Legal and/or Sales Operations experience with in depth familiarity in reviewing, evaluating and supporting revenue transactions
- Sales/deal negotiation experience is an asset
- Expertise in the consistent application of US GAAP Revenue Recognition rules is an asset
- Fluent in English and any one or more of the following languages is highly desirable: German, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Japanese
- Advanced MS Outlook, as well as Excel and PowerPoint
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience cultivating a positive working relationship with Field staff, particularly at senior levels
- Extensive experience in quickly reading and understanding revenue contracts
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work with no supervision
- University degree in Finance, Business, Law or equivalent work experience required - Professional designation (in Accounting, Finance or Legal) preferred
OpenText is an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation. At OpenText we acknowledge, value and respect diversity. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad global customer base.As a technology company, we can only be as good as the people who are part of our team. To that end, we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world!If you may require accommodation in completing the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org .If you are contacted regarding this position, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
No salary provided
Posted April 21, 2015 at 11:12AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1Hd92kO