Global HR Services Leader
Reading, United Kingdom, GB - Computer Software, Information Technology and Services
Bringing structure to the unstructured by unleashing the power of information
OpenText Enterprise Information Management (EIM) technologies and business solutions allow organizations to take full advantage of enterprise information to gain better business insight, capitalize on opportunities to positively impact the business, improve process velocity, reduce risks related to information governance, and protect sensitive information and intellectual property from internal leaks and external threats. With growing volumes and a host of formats to manage and leverage, organizations need to bring structure to the unstructured. By doing so, they will be unleashing the power of information to drive faster decision making, improved agility, strong security policies, and an increased ability to both exploit the opportunities and control the risks of enterprise information. OpenText provides solutions across the entire range of core EIM capabilities – sophisticated, secure, high-value, and cost-effective – onsite, via mobile devices, private cloud, or in the cloud.
What is the role?
Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources (HR) Operations, the Global HR Services Leader is a strategic and hands on role providing oversight to the OpenText global HR Services operation. With a global footprint of five operating support centres in Canada, Germany, UK, India, and the Philippines, OpenText HR Services is a global support team that acts as a central point for employees and managers on HR matters related to Human Resources transactions, administration policies, practices and procedures, supporting 8,200 + employees in 36 countries.
This role is accountable for ensuring issues are addressed in accordance with applicable compliance standards, policies, procedures and service level agreements.
This role will have accountability for directing and executing related Human Resource programs and practices in a dynamic, transformational environment while advocating use of best practices and progressive, cost-effective methodologies. This role will consult and collaborate closely across the Human Resource Function on enterprise initiatives, providing expertise and organizational perspective to ensure consistency of alignment to the current HR Services delivery model and company’s goals, culture, core values and future organizational requirements.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for all global HR transactional services provided by the HR Service Centres and oversee end to end HR processes
- Establish a customer-centric culture across the team with highly collaborative relationships
- Hands on implementation, standardization utilization of policies, procedures, programs dealing with the specific activities of employee development, training, and business systems
- Train cross functional team members on processes and monitor them for compliance to process
- Assist with Merger and Acquisition HR integration activities
- Manage audit and compliance for HR processes. Ensure that processes and procedures adhere to defined audit and internal controls
- Partner with HR leadership to proactively diagnose and identify future people-related business needs and translate into achievable action plans. Advise HR leadership on related risk, balancing legal requirements with business requirements
- Partner with HR Centres of Excellence and Business Partners to manage core HR processes and programs in support of business goals. Leverage shared service teams to enable execution of day-to-day human resource functions and maximize the effectiveness of HR delivery. Maintain broad influence through on going development of internal/ external relationships across the organization
- Solicit regular client feedback to ensure service levels are working
- Ensure business processes are optimised and scale to meet the business needs whilst striving for Operational Excellence
- Manage all HR support services/call centre operations globally while proactively identifying, measuring and optimizing critical HR Services processes to drive higher levels of manager and employee satisfaction and reduce cost/time per transaction as well as ensuring efficiencies and accuracy of data
- Lead intricate cross-functional project teams to meet and exceed business objectives from initial conception, organization, scheduling, and implementation and follow up
Develop and continuously improve metrics, SLAs and customer satisfaction across region while driving modernization and best practice
Analyse trends and metrics for each support centre to provide support, develop solutions, programs and policies and foster open communication with business partners and employee population
Engage in key business initiatives involving the design of organizational development strategies to enhance business performance through the facilitation of reorganization efforts, change management strategies and/or cultural alignment activities as needed
- Significant experience in Human Resources in a Business Partner/ Generalist capacity providing direct support to front-line business leaders
- International work experience and Global awareness
- High degree of business acumen; strong fiscal aptitude. Strong technical aptitude & HRIM experience; advanced skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office to include: Word, Excel and PowerPoint. General understanding of HR systems and their application to advance efficiency of operation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business, Human Resources, Organizational Behaviour or related field
- Payroll and IT interfacing experience an asset
- Demonstrated ability to effectively partner with senior business leaders to drive strategic business decisions while balancing the need for tactical execution of HR processes and workflows
- Must be able to operate under minimal supervision with judgement for independent actions
- Must convey a high level of personal integrity and a passion for excellence
- Strong leadership capabilities with proven ability to foster an environment of positive employee engagement and trust
- Demonstrated ability to establish credibility, coupled with the ability to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills; consultative and collaborative leadership style; ability to develop and maintain effective relationships across the enterprise to drive required results
- Strong written/ verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills and presentation abilities with the ability to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical skills; solid decision making capabilities coupled with the ability to analyse situations and provide practical recommendations
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills. Effective at managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines, ability to prioritize conflicting demands, organize time and resources to deliver consistent results for the business and bring initiatives to successful completion
- Fluent in English with a second language preferred
- Travel to global HR Services centres as required
OpenText is an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation. At OpenText we acknowledge, value and respect diversity. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad global customer base.As a technology company, we can only be as good as the people who are part of our team. To that end, we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world!If you may require accommodation in completing the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org m If you are contacted regarding this position, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
No salary provided
Posted March 26, 2015 at 09:56AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1ybdWWI