San Francisco Bay Area, US - Computer Software
From the newest ideas in Microsoft-oriented cloud storage management with the latest frameworks, NetApp software products embrace innovation to deliver compelling solutions to our business.
As a Sr. Microsoft Software Engineer you will work as part of a team responsible for actively participating in driving product development and strategy. In addition, you will participate in activities that include testing and debugging of operating systems that run NetApp storage applications. As part of the Research and Development function, the overall focus of the group is on competitive market and customer requirements, supportability, technology advances, product quality, product cost and time-to-market. Software engineers focus on enhancements to existing products as well as new product development.
This position requires an individual to be creative, team-oriented, technology savvy, able to lead large cross-functional teams, and driven to produce results.
- Lead the design, verification and release of systems or major subsystems
- Participate in any and/or all phases of the product development cycle from product definition and design, through implementation including:
- Testing and/or Unit Testing
- Test automation
- Performance analysis
- Critical and/or high visibility customer support
-Strong experience in storage , virtualization ( VMWare , HyperV preferred )
-Strong experience JAVA/.NET /C#
-Expertise in REST and SOAP API design
-Exposure to AWS,Azure internals and APIs preferred
- Understand the implications of new technology and how it can be applied to product design and product evolution
- Work on architecture, design and product definition that leads and influences decisions and outcomes related to project direction
- Act as a technical advisor and resource to other engineers and cross functional departments across Business Units
- Provide guidance and mentoring to more junior engineers
- Work with suppliers, partners or other external parties in product quality efforts as necessary
- A willingness to work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will positively contribute towards team, department, and company goals
No salary provided
Posted April 22, 2015 at 06:10AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1HizUj8