McKinsey & Company
Recovery & Transformation Services (RTS) - Junior Research Analyst - NA - Waltham
Greater Boston Area, US - Management Consulting
Recovery & Transformation Services (RTS) is a full-service crisis management and restructuring practice. RTS engages with distressed companies, stable companies that are looking to undertake a significant transformation quickly, and insolvent companies in need of radical performance efforts. RTS is establishing itself as one of the fastest-growing initiatives in the Firm. We currently have over 70 RTS-dedicated consultants and count more than 50 Associates, EMs, APs and Principals among our global affiliates.
We are seeking a high-performing and self-motivated individual to join our team as an RTS Junior Research Analyst. The RTS JRA will focus on a range of responsibilities to assist in client development activities, respond to the needs of existing engagement teams and assist in codification and dissemination of RTS products.
Primary job responsibilities for the RTS JRA include:
- Client development activity. RTS employs a number of analytic and administrative tools to source, develop and follow potential client development opportunities, both internally and externally. The RTS JRA will be responsible for managing inquiries relating to these tools, generating timely output on industry- and company-specific research requests and managing all administrative aspects of the group’s client development database, including providing regular reporting on client development activities
- Product development. You will be expected to develop a broad knowledge of the RTS toolkit, from core restructuring to RTS-driven transformations. You will contribute to the continuous task of building and managing a state-of-the art product infrastructure by reviewing and selecting information sources, establishing links to experts, and developing and maintaining relevant materials and databases
- CST Support. Support CSTs in codification of RTS knowledge and implementation of best practices
We seek candidates who are passionate about and have experience in business research and information gathering. Specifically, we are looking for candidates that meet the following criteria:
- BA/BS required, proficiency in finance and demonstrated interest in capital markets
- Outstanding undergraduate academic record with superior problem solving and analytical capability; solid understanding of economic, financial, and general business concepts
- A passion for conducting research, and a strong orientation towards customer service
- A strong interest in helping to drive client development initiatives in a growing business
- Strong "soft" skills, including team orientation/desire to collaborate, high level of initiative taking, and a professional attitude
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels of a large global organization
- First-rate written and verbal communication skills in English. Please note that we require both local language and English language fluency for all positions in countries where English is not the native language.
No salary provided
Posted April 21, 2015 at 10:54AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1D93lMV