Director of Organic
Greater Philadelphia Area, US - Biotechnology, Research
Director of Organic/Research Chemistry
Kelly Scientific has partnered with a global distributor & manufacturer of multi-therapeutic needs in the Greater Philadelphia area in an effort to identify and place a Director of Organic Chemistry . The incumbent will be required to be a self-motivated starter with a track record of proven leadership coupled with a strong industry knowledge of present and upcoming products. They must be a strong technical leader with a PhD in Organic Chemistry, who understands polymers, coatings, and UV chemistry processes and interacts well with customers, to join our talented team.
This position is a customer facing, highly-visible role reporting to the EVP of the company.
Qualifications and Education
- PhD in Chemistry, 12+ years of experience.
- Strong knowledge of organic chemistry and in-depth understanding of fundamental chemistry.
- Proven ability to be an effective leader.
- Strong knowledge of industry specific technologies and upcoming products.
- Prior experience with coatings a plus.
- Experience with monomers, inks, polymers, and resins desired.
- Experience and Understanding in particle sizing, rheology, and film properties.
- Understanding of spectroscopic methods including IR and NMR.
- Lead new product development effectively.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in complex formulations and syntheses, component and materials evaluations, and equipment and initiating studies and projects.
- Strong understanding of and ability to apply statistical analysis.
- Experience with statistical experimental design software.
- Ability to utilize multiple technologies.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to conduct research and development in a laboratory setting.
- Plans and controls the operational research programs, utilizing engineering and scientific research methods to improve and/or optimize of the organization’s products and processes.
- Provide technical direction for existing and new products regarding material selection, characterization and qualification, with ultimate translation to manufacturing.
- Perform complex formulations and syntheses, component and materials evaluations.
- Utilize advanced chemical knowledge, data, modeling and statistical tools to resolve technical issues and challenges.
Why Kelly ® ?
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 97 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career— connect with us today.
About Kelly Services ®
Kelly Services, Inc. (Nasdaq: KELYA, KELYB) is a global leader in providing workforce solutions. Kelly ® offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. Serving clients around the world, Kelly provided employment to more than 555,000 employees in 2014. Revenue in 2014 was $5.6 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Download WorkWire ™ , a free career and employment resource iPad® app by Kelly Services.
iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans and is committed to employing a diverse workforce.
No salary provided
Posted April 21, 2015 at 11:18AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1En1sn0