Tuesday, April 21, 2015
Kelly Services posted a job you might be interested in
Dallas/Fort Worth Area, US - Civil Engineering, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Process Engineer -
Process Engineers: Outstanding opportunity for an Engineer with either an Electrical or Mechanical background who would like to . This is a contract to perm role with a global leader in emissions solutions for the automotive, transportation, and utility industries. Fast paced, solution oriented team environment. Opportunity to transfer basic engineering theory into practical solutions in a high tech product design and manufacturing environment. We are looking for engineers who are excited about solving problems! (sizing equipment, heat transfer: heating capacity at various air-flow speeds, volume/pressure relationships, basic electronic controls)
You will be responsible for developing new industrial processes and designing process plants/equipment or modifying existing ones. Core responsibilities will include:
· Collecting data (Labview, other tools) required to make improvements and/or modifications to existing processes.
· Designing and constructing new process equipment
· Responsible for CAD drawings for manufacturing process solutions
· Purchasing and installing equipment
· Investigating and troubleshooting plant/process problems
· Developing SOP’s for the processing equipment
· Scheduling and co-coordinating work to tight deadlines and within financial budgets
· Ensuring that equipment works to its specification and to appropriate capacities
· Assessing safety and environmental issues
· Liaising with installation/project engineers and specialists, internally and with external contractors
· Ensuring safe working conditions and compliance
· Project management of new processes and /or improvements
Required Skills :
· Analytical and detail oriented; (being able to list variables of process, machinery, etc. needed in a concise fashion and setup a project management spreadsheet: Excel)
· Comfortable in defining the variables associated with a process and then brainstorming ways to accomplish process (this will never be in a vacuum: but rather as part of a team)
· Must have CAD experience (Autodesk Inventor is used, at this time, but any CAD experience will do: SolidWorks, AutoCAD, CATIA, etc.)
· Ability to make practical use of engineering knowledge and gets informed without being prompted, (scope of work defined with person- as a team, then must execute- feedback structure in place)
· Comfortable with basic electrical controls
· Ability to transfer engineering theory into practical solutions (heat transfer: size of heating capacity at various air-flow speeds, volume/pressure relationships: size of blower needed, etc.)
· Must be “hands on” and quite comfortable with working with machinery, (both alone and as part of a team)
· Well versed in setting up ways to test various possibilities and then perform tests to narrow scope of project/investigation
· Comfortable in searching third party vendors/suppliers of equipment, parts, services and amalgamating own knowledge/experience/hands-on with 3rd parties found to accomplish tasks/projects (alone then feedback to team)
· Needs to be able to straddle the line between chemical and mechanical engineering principles
· Technical degree (mechanical, electrical); BS degree (preferred), or Associates Degree with 4+ years of experience
Ideal candidate should possess either
(1) Electronics engineering background comfortable with mechanical work or that has electro-mechanical experience preferred, OR
(2) Mechanical engineering background with electronics integration experience
· Must have at least 2-4 years’ experience in a similar position
Why Kelly ® ?
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
About Kelly Services ®
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a global leader in providing workforce solutions. Kelly ® offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. Serving clients around the world, Kelly provided employment to more than 555,000 employees in 2014. Revenue in 2014 was $5.6 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Download WorkWire ™ , a free career and employment resource iPad® app by Kelly Services.
iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
No salary provided
Posted March 26, 2015 at 11:46AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1Oa3pb2