Manufacturing Test Engineer Staff
Bengaluru Area, India, IN - Computer Networking, Telecommunications, Computer & Network Security
Manufacturing Engineer Staff -Testing
Roles and responsibility:
- Uses broad expertise and act in a senior/lead role to provide Design For Testability (DFT) resources to the Juniper design engineering community.
- Performs both schematic and CAD reviews and provides corrective action feedback to design engineering to ensure Front End Test Engineering (FETE) obtains the best testability for every design.
- Acts as a senior/key contract manufacturing escalation point for testing issues. Often serves as team lead for less experienced front end test engineers.
- Provides testing coverage expectations at Flying probe, AOI (Auto Optical Inspection), AXI (Automated X-Ray Inspection), ICT (In-Circuit Test) and Boundary Scan for new projects ensuring lowest cost yet highest quality and reliability.
- Monitors NDF rates and up-stream test escape and drives necessary corrective action and test process improvement.
- Define and drive test improvement programs for Sustaining products.
- Drive unified Juniper improvement metrics for Contract Manufacturers front end test and inspection processes.
- Facilitates needed ECO activity program changes at the CMs to provide seamless test execution for the front end test process.
- Meets with product development, quality engineering and finance for manufacturing readiness review meeting to solicit and obtain NPI designs sign-off.
- Participate in DFT discussions and meetings with Design Engineering. Work with Design Engineering to provide optimal feedback on tested components ensuring future component choices for new designs are testable.
- Writes boundary scan test programs to support engineering and manufacturing for proto runs and to provide debug tools for production designs that require augmented test coverage.
- Reviews test results from Quality organization and takes appropriate corrective actions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years of front end test engineering experience or equivalent.
- Thorough understanding of Flying probe, AOI, AXI, ICT, and boundary scan fundamentals, operation and application.
- Significant experience with Agilent and Teradyne/Genrad In-circuit test tools.
- Previous ICT programming experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with boundary scan scripting, PCBA (printed circuit board assembly), electronic engineering testing equipment (e.g., oscilloscope) and DVM (digital volt meter) required. Expert level comprehension of board level schematics.
- Must have a thorough understanding of current test methodologies for both PCBA and systems manufacturing.
- Must have experience evaluating test coverage and optimizing test processes for assemblies with ASICs and high speed signals.
- Must have excellent failure analysis skills.
- Must have an excellent understanding of networking technologies and physical interfaces.
- Excellent vendor management skills required.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and mentoring/leadership skills. Successful track record effectively influencing senior management and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Occasional travel required.
No salary provided
Posted March 27, 2015 at 07:36AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1bhIfGb