Global HR Business Partner - Director (Go-to-Market)
San Francisco Bay Area, US - Computer Networking, Telecommunications, Computer & Network Security
WORK LOCATION: HQ - Sunnyvale, California
Summary of Responsibilities
This Director level position, reporting to the Vice President-Human Resources for Juniper’s Go-to- Market organization, will work closely with Senior Vice Presidents/Vice Presidents in the Customer Service and Support (CSS) and Marketing organizations in a Global HR Business Partner capacity. He/she will play the lead role in helping executive management create and execute optimal solutions through the use of organizational diagnostics, analytics, organizational development frameworks and executive coaching. Ensuring that the business unit has a leadership strategy aligned with their business strategy is key to the success of this role. Other critical responsibilities include participating in the roll-out of company-wide programs and initiatives (e.g., people reviews, compensation planning, workforce planning, and organizational design) as well as supporting front line managers in their development.
- Develop in depth knowledge of the business both strategically and operationally such that he/she can provide business partner consulting to the vice presidents, directors and managers within the client group. Assists in organization design, team development, and building a culture which inspires and motivates employees.
- Translates business strategies and issues into appropriate HR and Organizational Excellence actions.
- Assists with the design, facilitation and execution of leadership meetings/off-sites, development strategies and needs assessment.
- Provides HR knowledge as needed in the areas of employee assimilation, employee development, matrix management, talent management, succession planning, engagement, and retention strategies.
- Partners with other HR Centers of Excellence (COEs) in the delivery of key HR programs and services, including compensation, talent acquisition, leadership development, inclusion strategies, and intern/university talent initiatives. Provides advice and feedback regarding the design and rollout of corporate wide initiatives as well as feeds business unit challenges into the COEs as part of their ongoing assessment of corporate-wide needs.
- Partners with Access HR, the COE responsible for employee relations, investigations, legal counsel and compliance related issues, as needed.
- Recognizes and effectively balances the client group’s interests with the needs of the company.
- Coaches managers and leaders on their own challenges as well as helps them to be effective leaders and great coaches for their people.
- Serves as a key trusted business partner and confidante
- Drives strategies to develop bench-strength and succession plans.
- Holds leaders accountable for fostering healthy work environments so that Juniper is known and recognized as a great place to work. Assists leaders in maintaining a culture that optimizes the passion and potential of their people.
- Keeps a pulse on the organizations. Monitors and identifies trends and issues.
- Partners with the Communications Team as needed to ensure appropriate and effective employee communications.
- Participates in effective employee on-boarding, including new manager and team assimilations.
- Ensures understanding and execution of company policies and Employee Handbook.
- Ensures managers have the right HR information to make business decisions. Ensures managers understand and use HR technology.
- Ensures multi-location continuity in terms of philosophy, company culture, and practices which fosters uniform direction and thinking.
- Minimum of 8-10 years Human Resources experience with at least 5 years as Business Partner in a global, highly matrixed organization.
- A broad base of human resources experience is a must, as well as, a strong track record and the ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in highly successful, innovative cultures a plus
- High technology experience a plus.
- Organizational Design, Development and Effectiveness experience
- Experience in leading organizations through transformational change
- Experience Business Partnering, Consulting and Coaching Senior Executives is critical
- Ability to develop strong relationships with line leaders as well as the ability to influence and push back as needed
- Ability to multitask with multiple objectives.
*** POSITION IS BASED IN SUNNYVALE, CALIFORNIA AND RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS NOT PROVIDED FOR THIS POSITION ***
Juniper Networks is enrolled in E-Verify® and will be participating in E-Verify in addition to our Form I-9 process. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Juniper Networks is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
No salary provided
Posted April 22, 2015 at 07:30AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1EqPMj4