Product Support Engineer
San Francisco Bay Area, US - Computer Networking, Computer Software, Computer & Network Security
Product Support Engineer, Redwood Shores – Imperva, Inc Imperva is looking for a stellar Product Support Engineer to join our team in our corporate headquarters in Redwood Shores, CA. Imperva is a pioneer and leader of a new category of business security solutions for critical applications and high-value data in data centers. Thousands of the world’s leading businesses, government organizations, and service providers rely on Imperva solutions to prevent data breaches, meet compliance mandates, and manage data risk.
This is a key role at Imperva and as a Product Support Engineer for our diverse and industry leading customers, you will be part of the Global Support Team working alongside our teams of professionals in Product Support, Engineering, QA and Sales Security Engineering (SE). Also working with Partners, you will be responsible for incoming Level-2 and 3 support calls from our customers in North America and resolving the technical issues from beginning through completion---total account management. We are looking for people who want to grow in their career, as Imperva develops and grows many of its leaders and management from within.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Handling level 2-3 support cases, working directly with Imperva customers, partners and Sales Engineers.
- Escalating customer’s technical product issues to the Imperva Engineering department and working with them to achieve a resolution.
- Analyzing Support case trends and customer requirements while working with the Product Teams to help enhance the product.
- Assessing the customer’s technical environment and requirements while managing expectations and following through on solutions or consulting on deployments.
- Mentor Level 1 Engineers; consult on their cases and assist with escalation issues.
- Be proactive with all the latest technologies concerning Imperva’s products and the underlying technologies and disseminate this knowledge to the other engineers.
- Contribute to the Imperva knowledgebase, writing guides, technical how-to articles, etc.
To be successful, you will really need the following:
- A minimum 3 years of high-level Technical Support experience with at least 2 of those years working with Security or Network related products.
- Excellent Customer Support skills coupled with a Bachelor’s degree in a technology field or equivalent experience.
- Solid experience working with Internet Security and Networking Technologies such as TCP/IP, HTTP, Load balancers, Proxies and Firewalls and experience with Relational Databases ( MsSQL, Oracle, MySQL, DB2).
- Prior experience with Linux and other Unix operating systems.
- Individual motivation, but team orientation and able to work effectively with little supervision.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills with a strong sense of customer commitment.
- Demonstrated aptitude for mastering new software applications.
If you have any of these items, it’s a big plus:
- Additional languages highly desired – especially Spanish
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as Perl, Python, Shell
- Experience in Software Development or QA with Network/Security/Database products
The Imperva team offers a competitive compensation package that includes health insurance, employee stock purchase (ESP) programs, flexible time off and much more. It’s an exciting time to work in the security space.
Imperva , (NYSE: IMPV), is a leading provider of cyber security solutions that protect business-critical data and applications. The company’s SecureSphere ™, Incapsula ™ and Skyfence ™ product lines enable organizations to discover assets and vulnerabilities, protect information wherever it lives – on-premises and in the cloud – and comply with regulations. Our Application Defense Center , a research team comprised of some of the world’s leading experts in data and application security, continually enhances Imperva products with up-to-the minute threat intelligence, and publishes reports that provide insight and guidance on the latest threats and how to mitigate them. Imperva and Incapsula are headquartered in Redwood Shores, California. Learn more: www.imperva.com , our blog , on Twitter .
Imperva is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Please Note: Principals only please. Imperva is not adding any new agencies at this time. Agency resumes are not accepted and will be considered unsolicited resumes that are not subject to placement fees.
No salary provided
Posted April 21, 2015 at 11:04AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1Oa3qMd