HERE, a Nokia company
TCS Engineer II
Beijing City, China, CN - Automotive, Computer Software, Information Technology and Services
Solutions Engineer, HERE Consumer
HERE develops next-generation location, social and local services. Our scope includes products and solutions for consumers and businesses in consumer, automotive, and enterprise industries. We are the worldwide market leader in automotive navigation content, and have a significant Web and mobile footprint through partners such as Microsoft, Yahoo, Amazon, and our parent company Nokia. HERE employs more than 6,000 employees worldwide, with major offices in Chicago, Boston, Berlin, Singapore and Bangalore.
The area: HERE Consumer
HERE Consumer is one of three product business units, developing and bringing to market products for Consumers, such as HERE App and HERE Web, as well as B2B2C Solutions for navigation, transit, mapping, search and discovery and other mobile computing locationcentric apps and SDKs. Our solution customers include companies such as Microsoft, Amazon, Samsung, and Yahoo as well as a range of other mobile OEMs, leading internet players.
The role: Solutions Engineer: HERE Consumer
Reporting to the regional Customer Solutions Director for HERE consumer, this role drives HERE product guidance and support for customers, working hand-in-hand with the SBD local team. The Solutions Architect identifies and makes recommendations on project feasibility, technical issues and strategy in a pre and post sales phases of solutions engagements. S/He works closely with Customers, Product Management, Development Engineering, Sales, Customer Marketing, and other parties, including vendors, to manage and perform technology feasibility studies, prototypes and customizations for customers’ commercial product launches. Responsibilities include generating technical scenarios, project planning and coordination, experimental design, prototyping, laboratory evaluation and feasibility, requirements analysis and commercial solution architecture, design, development and integration.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Represents Nokia and the project team as a technical expert in internal / external meetings and discussions that are pertinent to specific customer projects and sales activities
- Analyzes proposed customer product specifications and launch plans to determine project feasibility, design and implementation strategies that maximize the use of HERE products and services
- Enagages in software prototyping and concepting activities with counter-parts at customer in support of ovearall customer project goals
- Develops and communicates project specifications/progress and maintains ongoing dialogue, including escalations, when appropriate to product development teams, peers and customers within set deadlines in both verbal and written form
- Leads / participates in cross functional collaboration with members of the development teams in all Product Management areas and other functional areas (i.e. Sales, Customer Marketing, legal) related to customer programs
- Builds and maintains good working relationships with other departments in the organization especially Sales, Customer Marketing, Product Management teams as well as with all customers.
No salary provided
Posted April 23, 2015 at 07:00AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1FfHOYV