Workday Certified Benefits- Sr. Consultant
Dallas/Fort Worth Area, US - Information Technology and Services
Workday HCM / Benefits Consultant
The HCM Consultant will be responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of the Workday’s Human Capital Management solution. The HCM Consultant will provide Workday product and implementation expertise to their engagements. The Consultant will work with their clients to understand their business requirements and help configure and test the Workday solution. The Senior Consultant will take direction and provide status to the Engagement Manager assigned to their project.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Expert the Workday HCM and Benefits product suite
• Perform the following on an engagement :
o understand client business requirements,
o configure the Workday solution,
o demonstrate the configurations through the development of prototype systems,
o assist the client in testing the Workday solution
• Work with the client to help convert legacy data into Workday
• Complete the work assigned by the Engagement Manager within the budgeted time allocated
• Assist the integration consulting team in helping to configure and test integrations between Workday and third party/custom solutions
• Understand Workday’s Implementation Methodology and use it on all engagements
• Work with Delivery Assurance to ensure compliance with agreed to checkpoints
• Help mentor new Principal Consultants
• Ensure the client takes advantage of Workday best practices
• Workday HCM and Benefits Certified
• 6+ years implementing Human Capital Management solutions
• Previous consulting experience with a consulting/software company
• Experience implementing Workday, SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, ADP or similar applications
An ideal candidate must have minimum of Two (2) full life cycle implementations for Workday
• Bachelor degree required.
• Passion for customer service
• Functional and technical experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Business analysis and requirements gathering abilities.
• Ability to learn technology quickly through instruction and self-training.
• Experience with multiple HCM applications a plus
• Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
Essential Job Functions
- Participates in gathering business requirements through a variety of techniques (e.g., facilitated workshops, work sessions and interviews) and prototyping business solutions (Business).
- Analyzes requirements and develops high-level and detailed business process designs to the elementary business process (EBP) level and derived logical process (DLP) level (Business).
- Supports gap analysis highlighting current state, future state, client needs, best practices and competition (Business).
- Develops standards, templates, and procedures to aid in the development of the required work products (Methodology).
- Leads a team of 4-6 company resources, in area of expertise, to conclusion of a project phase (Management).
- Reviews programs designed from high level specifications or derived logical processes (DLPs) ensuring that they meet client specifications (Technical).
- Establishes and maintains networking relationships with middle management in client organizations (Relationship Management).
- Understands client needs and matches them to relevant services or products; manages client expectations (Leverage).
- Understands and communicates goals and critical success factors for the project; sells ideas persuasively and paces the communications properly (Communication).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science or related field preferred
- Five or more years of experience in business analysis and design, preferably within a consulting environment
- One to two years of relevant experience in a particular business or industry specialty area included
- Experience working with techniques and approaches for process and entity modeling
- Experience working with techniques, tools, and approaches for data cleansing and conversion
- Strong analysis and design skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
- Ability to devise creative business solutions
- Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with complex business problems
- Willingness to travel
CSC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age (40 or over), or genetic information. CSC's commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment.
No salary provided
Posted April 23, 2015 at 08:18AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1by290j