Montgomery, Alabama Area, US - Information Technology and Services
Technical Analyst – Individual will work as part of local team and will have architecture, administration, development (some) and analyst responsibilities across a number of environments and platforms. Individual will coordinate with internal CGI technical/administration teams, client system administrators, and functional teams to help support and manage a number of solution components and platforms in the development and test environments. Formal production support responsibilities are performed by a centralized CGI operational support team.
• 1+ years of experience in a IT environment
• Some Windows Server administration (knowledge of AD is a plus)
• Familiar with SQL or PL/SQL command language
• Familiar with Java Coding and Development
• Good written and oral communications skills
• Fast learner with aptitude for and ability to learn the different components that make up heterogeneous computing and network environments
• Ability to read and understand technical documentation and apply knowledge to real-time systems,
• Ability to recognize that technical documentation doesn’t always align with actual system operation and is able to work through such a challenge
• Willing to apply different approaches to solving problems
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Ability to work with and provide technical support for functional teams
• Ability to communicate and document complex technical processes
• Understands the necessity for applying all available resources to getting the job done
• Works with a sense of urgency toward project deadlines & deliverables
Non Essential, but desirable skills:
• Linux administration and/or shell scripting
• Windows administration and/or batch scripting
• Familiarity with enterprise networks & network services such as TCP/IP, DNS, ftp, SSL, SSH, telnet, ports, subnets, VLANs, etc.
• Configuration and/or support of IBM Websphere, Apache, or other Web servers
• Oracle database
• Pervasive Data Integrator or other data transformation tools
• Data Warehouse concepts and ETL processes
• Software development lifecycle and configuration management
At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 68,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.
No salary provided
Posted March 27, 2015 at 11:22AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1xEzGjl