Application Security Engineer
San Francisco Bay Area, US - Internet
PayPal Inc. is looking for an Application Security Engineer to create and deploy measurably effective Secure Product Lifecycle (SPLC) practices throughout the company.
We are looking for a strong application security expert. The candidate should have a background in penetration testing, application security quality assurance in a major development company and developing/deploying proactive security solutions. If you really enjoy leading security programs, innovating, and making a real difference this is the job for you.
- Help define overall application security strategies and procedures
- Help define operational processes to ensure predictable software development outcomes; refine Information Security processes and procedures.
SPLC Development and Deployment
- Develop, recommend, evaluate, integrate, deploy, and maintain security tools including static and dynamic analyzers, fuzzers, security frameworks, and etc.
- Develop and maintain security utilities and metrics dashboards that help the SPLC team track/report compliance
- Evaluate software security products and technologies.
- Provide information security consulting services to internal development groups.
- Work with other information security groups to provide technical expertise.
- Develop software security training content and participate in the delivery of the content.
- Participate in the development, review, and update of application security standards.
- Promote information security within PayPal Inc.
- Develop, track, and report Software Security Metrics
- Deliver external security talks and represent PayPal Inc. in the security community
- Maintain knowledge of security and privacy laws, industry best practices, changes in technology, and advice on the impact for PayPal Inc.
- Software security expertise (strong development background) with at least 5 years of overall experience
- Coding ability in Node.js, Python, C/C++ and Java
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and teamwork skills.
- Ability to earn the trust and respect of colleagues both in and outside of the Information Security organization
- Experience in financial services, especially in a large/global/diversified organization, or large/global Internet e-commerce organization background will be considered a plus.
At PayPal, we put people at the center of everything we do. Founded in 1998, we continue to be at the forefront of the digital payments revolution, processing almost 10 million payments for our customers per day. PayPal gives people better ways to connect to their money and to each other, helping them send money without sharing financial information and with the flexibility to pay using their PayPal account balances, bank accounts, PayPal Credit and credit cards. With our 157 million active digital wallets, we have created an open and secure payments ecosystem people and businesses choose to securely transact with each other online, in stores and on mobile devices. PayPal is a truly global payments platform that is available to people in 203 markets, allowing customers to get paid in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds to their bank accounts in 57 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 26 currencies.
What we do at PayPal has never been done before and it has a tremendous impact! We build BIG and NEW products to drive worldwide commerce. Be it the next mobile payments solution, or a high availability money movement platform, we solve problems on a scale you just can't find elsewhere. PayPal continues to push the boundaries of technology by investing in individuals who passionately believe in the potential of innovative technologies that make up a global market place.
At PayPal/eBay, no matter which of our offices, brands, or locations you call home, you'll discover consistent benefits that are intended to support you-in your work, your life, your passions, and your future. This is where innovation meets reality! Are you an individual who is ready to grow and join our global community? Would you just like to know more about our latest and greatest projects? We would love to talk to you about it! More information about this and other exciting positions can be found at http://ift.tt/19k1ZXA
No salary provided
Posted March 27, 2015 at 01:20AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1NkxE9m