Software Quality Engineer
San Francisco Bay Area, US - Internet
Primary Responsibilities :
- Writing end to end automation tests by collaborating with development and other cross functional teams.
- Work with other internal QA automation teams and leverage existing tools to run regression suites.
- Be able to articulate, evaluate and evangelize testing strategies and apply them in PayPal's context as well come up with metrics for realistic testing effort estimation.
- Work with engineers, managers, Product management, QE, Load & Performance, and Operations team to develop innovative testing solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to testing goals and principles.
- Identify process and technology challenges and deficiencies that need to be addressed, and drive those changes to successful adoption.
- Identify project risk and be able to provide alternatives for reducing risk.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science is required, Masters preferred.
- Participate in all aspects of PDLC including requirement/design reviews as well as code reviews.
- Wear the hat of application developer by creating applications which exercise nooks and crannies of services functionality.
- Create testing harness/infrastructure/test cases geared towards ensuring quality is engineered right into the product and not as an after-thought.
- 6+ years experience in requirements analysis, design, development and testing of scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant applications.
- Experience using RDBMS required.
- Experience in REST/SOAP services is required.
- Familiarity working on Unix/Linux systems.
- Knowledge of Java EE and application servers such as Tomcat, Websphere, or Weblogic.
- Solid development background, including JUNIT/Code Coverage (Emma)/mock concepts/Static Analysis, testing frameworks.
At PayPal, we put people at the center of everything we do. Founded in 1998, we continue to be at the forefront of the digital payments revolution, processing almost 10 million payments for our customers per day. PayPal gives people better ways to connect to their money and to each other, helping them send money without sharing financial information and with the flexibility to pay using their PayPal account balances, bank accounts, PayPal Credit and credit cards. With our 157 million active digital wallets, we have created an open and secure payments ecosystem people and businesses choose to securely transact with each other online, in stores and on mobile devices. PayPal is a truly global payments platform that is available to people in 203 markets, allowing customers to get paid in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds to their bank accounts in 57 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 26 currencies.
What we do at PayPal has never been done before and it has a tremendous impact! We build BIG and NEW products to drive worldwide commerce. Be it the next mobile payments solution, or a high availability money movement platform, we solve problems on a scale you just can't find elsewhere. PayPal continues to push the boundaries of technology by investing in individuals who passionately believe in the potential of innovative technologies that make up a global market place.
At PayPal/eBay, no matter which of our offices, brands, or locations you call home, you'll discover consistent benefits that are intended to support you-in your work, your life, your passions, and your future. This is where innovation meets reality! Are you an individual who is ready to grow and join our global community? Would you just like to know more about our latest and greatest projects? We would love to talk to you about it! More information about this and other exciting positions can be found at www.ebaycareers.com
No salary provided
Posted March 27, 2015 at 03:25AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1M86d7B