CS Core NPO Specialist
Noida Area, India, IN - Information Technology and Services, Telecommunications
Plans and performs technical activities to service the customer and brings expertise to customer site on need basis.
Main Responsibility Area
Plans and executes technical tasks requiring specialist skills in own professional area. Works independently with the responsibility for solving customer request cases and reporting according to processes. Identifies and solves technical problems. Shares knowledge in own professional area. May support areas by participating in emergency and 24/7 duty.
The CS Core NPO Engineer/Specialist is accountable for the timely development and delivery of complex engineering design and support deliveries, focusing mainly on the delivery of the customer GSM/UMTS/LTE core networks (packet core & circuit switched networks).
This includes the development of network architecture design, and configuration (Datafills), Capacity planning, network interface analysis and design, and overall engineering support. It also involves network performance assessment, audits and network performance enhancements (optimization).
A key strategic objective of the position is to interface with the NOKIA (NET) Global community (CoDe, SSMs, Product teams e.t.c) and to negotiate support and tech transfer from these contacts (Specialist role)
The objective of this position is to provide planning and optimization services remotely for global customers.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provides technical network planning and optimization support to assist customers in network rollout/modernization. Prepares/compiles NOKIA (NET) product information/configuration source data.
• To proactively help Local NPO and Project teams identify and collect required inputs for network planning and optimization tasks
• Provides project engagement support within a remote delivery framework and ensures that all deliveries strictly adhere to negotiated deadlines.
• Familiar and up-to-date with latest guidelines, engineering rules on how to dimension and plan various network elements including DX/IPA/ATCA platforms
CS Core: MSS, MGW, HLR, CDS, NVS
• Applies Global best practices work instructions/processes/tools ensuring high quality and timely deliveries.
• Applies knowledge and skills to analyze and resolve complex network problems.
• SD Representation in customer/project interface and acts like a Single Point of Contact for all technical/project related matters. (Specialist)
• Supports the NPO Manager with general and team management issues(Specialist)
• Manages technical accountabilities of a small team of technical experts (Specialist)
• Develops Network Planning and Optimisation skills of Junior team members (Specialist)
Technical Skills Required:
• Strong telecom fundamentals
• Solid understanding of Mobile Core, IP and VAS networks
• Solid Network planning and Design exposure - Good understanding of operator
• Business drivers and technologies in the Core network area
• Good understanding of technical specifications (like 3GPP, LTE) relevant to CS/PS Domain.
• Good Knowledge of protocols like SS7, SIGTRAN, SIP, GSM/GPRS/UMTS/LTE
• Protocols – MAP/ISUP/, TCP/IP e.t.c
• Good knowledge of Network Dimensioning and Performance Measurement tools
• Experience in NOKIA (including ex-Siemens products) 2G/3G MSS, MGW, HLR systems design, planning and/or optimization preferred
• Ability to plan an optimized network with all components based on traffic/customer defined assumptions. Ability to compile Optimised system parameters to tune the network.
• Stronghold on core network assessment and optimization.
• Ability to commission/integrate NOKIA 2G/3G network elements and troubleshooting etc. is an added advantage.
• Good knowledge of excel based (VBA) Macros, Scripts (Perl, SQL e.t.c) preferred
• Multi-Vendor skills especially on E// & Huawei products are an added advantage
• Cross technology skills (CDMA, LTE-EPC, WiMax, IMS e.t.c) are an added advantage
Soft Skills Required:
· Possess effective communication & good presentation skills. Ability to clearly
articulate technical and project requirements both verbally and through formal
· Ability to work independently with self motivation under minimal supervision still
providing quality results
· Good team player and can do attitude with proven track record.
· Fast learner with a Systematic and Organized work Approach.
· Ability to produce Professional design documentation
· Bachelor of Engineering or Equivalent with 10+ years of experience
· Fluent in both verbal and written English.
· All candidates must be currently eligible to work in India
No salary provided
Posted March 27, 2015 at 01:38AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1HRbJ7Z