Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco Bay Area, US - Computer Software
Snapfish is a leading online photo platform with over 125 million registered users and over 55 billion images in 12 countries around the world. Our online photo-center and platform powers three of the top four photo-sites globally. We inspire customers to share and preserve their most cherished photos and create photo books, cards and gifts. Our customers entrust billions of their photos to us. Based in San Francisco, Snapfish is a division of Hewlett-Packard, the world's foremost digital imaging company and one of the most trusted brands on the planet. Put your unique talents to work at Snapfish!
We are looking for an outstanding generalist engineer with a passion for agile software development who is comfortable in and open to working on both frontend and backend software technologies. Someone who is passionate about designing, implementing and testing high-availability, multi-tier server systems in a Java environment. We need a top tier developer who brings not only a deep understanding of the language but also a solid theoretical foundation in computer science such as data structures, computational algorithms and operating systems.
• Play the lead role for an engineering team and make sure every engineer is part of the collaborative process
• Represent the team in the Snapfish-wide architecture review meeting and communicate back to the team all relevant information/decision/learning etc from the meeting.
• Make sure code is developed by the team with high quality and scalability in a consistent, timely manner, with best practices and ensure that code meets engineering metrics and SLA (eg TDD).
• Facilitate design review, code review and training/KT etc for the engineering team.
• Look for ways to increase the team’s velocity/productivity.
• Help remove the technical issues/blockers/impediments the team is facing.
• Monitor the team members' engineering tasks and help the team to complete the engineering tasks on time.
• Work with QA and make sure QA coverage for Regression and User Stories testing is acceptable and with high level of automation.
• Encourage Prototyping (Develop prototyping processes).
• Help drive knowledge sharing across Snapfish.
• Mentor engineers and new hires on the team.
• Help engineering manager with training new hires on the tech stack for the team.
• Proactively bring issues concerning the team health or technical escalations to the engineering manager.
• Stimulate open dialogue and active communication
• Help build the DevOps culture in the team and ensure 24/7 production support when an issue occurs.
• A minimum of a Master's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) and 5 years industry experience OR a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) and 7 years industry experience is strongly desired.
• A minimum of five years industry experience designing, developing and unit testing server side applications in JAVA
• A minimum of five years industry experience programming in a multi-threaded environment
• A minimum of five years industry experience with SQL, Stored Procedures (eg PL/SQL) and Relational Database (RDBMS) Servers (Oracle preferred)
• A minimum of five years industry experience with object oriented programming, design patterns and data structures and algorithms
• Experience with a Frontend framework (Struts, Spring, JSF).
• Experience with NOSQL.
• Experience in mentoring junior engineers.
• Deep understanding of server-side Java environment (J2EE) and relational databases
• Experience with tuning applications, SQL and databases for best performance strongly preferred.
• Solid Experience with HTML, XML, XSD, Webservices (SOAP)
• Strong Knowledge of Unix / Linux
• SCRUM experience is a plus
• Experience integrating with third-party software packages
• Good documentation skills
• Knowledge of Perl and other scripting languages is a plus
• HTML5 experience is a plus
• Energetic, inspired, dedicated, passionate about software development
• Ability and willingness to learn new material quickly and with little top down management
• A great team player, sociable, with excellent communication skills
• Attention to detail
No salary provided
Posted March 27, 2015 at 01:55AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1922PJi