Thursday, December 25, 2014
Hardware Engineering, System Software and Operations Director
San Francisco Bay Area, US - Computer Hardware, Computer Software, Information Technology and Services
Hardware Engineering, System Software and Operations Director - San Jose, CA
Dell is seeking a Director of Hardware Engineering to join our team in San Jose, CA. This person will directs the activities of a hardware centric team which includes hardware and system software development function for appliances related to software delivery. This role is a hybrid that will be responsible for managing a group responsible for the design and development of hardware platforms, system software APIs, manufacturing test applications and operations infrastructure to provide an end to end solution to a software group with hardware as a application delivery platform. The position also requires experience in latest NPU and CPU technologies and a deep understanding of computer architecture concepts to solve complex system level architectural issues.
-Directs the efforts of others in the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives of the group
-Ensures product design meets the requirements for schedule, feature set, functionality, cost, continuity of supply, quality, reliability, regulatory compliance and industry standards of compliance
-Responsible for Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, and OEM preferable from an appliance product to include both hardware and software responsibilities
-Leads an extended, cross-functional engineering team to develop high complexity platform/peripheral development projects
-Responsible for career development/planning, performance and pay discussions of team members
-Oversees the delivery of products within budget, schedule and quality guidelines.
-Interacts with project managers, marketing, sales, procurement, quality, legal, and end-users to define application requirements and/or selection or partners
-Work closely with internal groups such as Mechanical, Doc Control, Operation, QA, Software, as well as External Vendors, Distributors, Fab Houses, and Assembly House in support for product development
-Develops supplier strategy, long-range plans, global supply chain optimization, and builds supplier relationships for several commodity areas or spend categories, in partnership with business partners
-Provides technical management of electrical development, mechanical development, software development, and peripherals development
-10+ years of Hardware, System Software and Operations experience or equivalent combination of education work experience
-8+ years of managerial/leadership experience
-Undergraduate degree is a requirement
-Intimate knowledge of networking technologies and transmission lines (FE, Ge, 10Ge, 40Ge, SGMII, SerDes, PCI Express, XAUI)
-Supply Chain management and Operations experience in dealing with end to end solutions for appliances leading from procurement to delivery and focusing on Working knowledge of SQL server 2005/2008, MOSS 2007 Webpart development , ASP .net 4 Framework , Agilepoint BPM Software, Qlikview 10, Sharepoint
-20+ years relevant experience including an MSEE and an MBA are strongly preferred
-Familiar with network security and storage peripherals such as DDR memory, Flash/EEPROM memory, UART, USB, SATA, I2C, RTC, and HW monitoring devices
-Understanding of CPU architecture (MIPS and x86) as well as networking technologies (802.3, 802.11 etc.)
-Understanding of embedded operating systems such as Linux, Montavista and VxWorks
-Understanding and experience in designing or leading teams designing 802.11 (n/ac) based hardware platforms and solutions.
-Knowledge of Mandarin a plus
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
-Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
-When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
-Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
-We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
-Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer To learn more about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion, visit: Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
No salary provided
Posted December 25, 2014 at 10:35AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1t1j3X8
from The Dish http://ift.tt/1B543MhRead More
Software Dev Analyst
Noida Area, India, IN - Computer Hardware, Computer Software, Information Technology and Services
· Supports existing software application to cover incident management, problem management and release management
· Response to the incidents & requests within the SLA period
· Designs, codes, tests and documents SharePoint based systems of moderate to high complexity as per the requirements specifications
· Participates in design reviews and technical briefings
· Involved with resolution of low complexity software development issues that may arise in a production environment
· Analyzes, reviews, and alters program to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements. Writes documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections
· Works under general direction, seeks assistance as needed. Independently gathers information
· Anticipates future needs based on past transactions
· Contributes to own team/closely related teams through quality and accuracy of own output. Builds productive internal relationships. Conveys information in a concise and professional manner. Asks effective questions and solicits feedback to understand needs
· 4+ years of IT experience with minimum 2 years of experience in SharePoint 2010/2013
· Working experience on Sitefinity
· Strong SharePoint out of Box and Custom Development experience building web parts, custom master page, event receiver, Apps and workflows etc…on SharePoint 2010 and 2013
· Must have working experience on Visual Studio 2010/2012, TFS, and SharePoint Deisgner
· Strong written and verbal communication and skills to effectively communicate with customers, support personnel, application development personnel and management
· Exposure to L3 support and enhancement kind of work for at least a year
No salary provided
Posted December 25, 2014 at 10:36AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1zjKvkU
PCG BT - Marketing & Sales Business consultant
Beijing City, China, CN - Computer Hardware, Consumer Electronics
This position is to act as a business consultant for PCG marketing and sales area. major responsibility is as follows:
1) Business requirements analysis
2) Business process design and improvement
3) Project management
he/she must have strong Marketing and sales related business process design & analysis experience, good cummunication skills in both english and chinese; have IT background is a plus; strong presentation capability; team work spirit;
No salary provided
Posted December 25, 2014 at 10:36AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1JRr9vQ
Cloud Services Engineer, with German
Ireland, IE - Computer Software, Information Technology and Services, Computer & Network Security
Job Title: Cloud Services Engineer – vCloud Air (previously vCloud Hybrid Services)
Location: Cork – Supporting the German market
The Cloud Services Engineer is expected to be the expert in all matters. The ability to research problems and find solutions to any problem is paramount. The Cloud Services Engineer is expected to fill any roll needed by Technical Support whether it is customer facing needs, training of other support, or interfacing with Continued Product Development. The Cloud Services Engineer duties include but are not limited to the following;
* Provide Level 1 / 3 Support to VMware vCloud Air customers and field personnel
* Provide a high level of customer service at all times
* Manage, research, and resolve issues relating to vCloud Air
* Provide consulting services to vCloud Air customers as needed
* Provide Training to internal personnel
* Maintain a high level of proficiency in all VMware, Microsoft, and UNIX technologies.
* Work in a team environment and mentor junior technicians
* Represent VMware, its share holders, and its partners in only the most professional manner at all times
Required skill sets:
* Extensive administration and support experience with all of Windows server operating systems, and workstation operating systems in large enterprise environments (thousands of systems).
* Ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with customers.
* Extensive administration and support experience with UNIX systems (especially Solaris, LINUX, AIX, and/or HP-UX).
* Broad database experience (both DB-Admin and T-SQL coding), especially with Microsoft SQL Server and with large databases (100 GB +).
* Familiarity with vCloud Director, vSphere, ESXi, and other VMware products.
* Networking with vShield products.
* Programming experience is a plus.
* Excellent communication (both oral and written), interpersonal, and customer service skills are a must.
* Fluent in both English and German
* Ability to act in an effective and professional manner during moments of high stress.
* Familiarity with a variety of enterprise management tools and software.
* Strong commitment to setting goals and achieving results.
Education / Background:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience. 4 – 10 years of relevant work experience. VCP, MCSE, MCDBA, and/or various UNIX certifications are a plus.
Why work for our Division
vCloud Air is one of VMware’s three corporate missions with an estimated $17B in total market opportunity, making this business unit one of the fastest growing divisions in the company.
VMware vCloud Air, a solution that helps organizations accelerate their expansion to the public cloud by coupling the value and reliability of VMware virtualization with software-defined data center technologies, enables businesses to take a huge step forward with a cloud that delivers the apps they need, when and where they need them, with no changes required. We are hiring talented people to build upon this invaluable offering to our customers.
Are you interested in being part of an employee community that is once again defining what’s next in IT? We are further building vCloud Air organization and searching for people who fit our culture – instigators of innovation, catalysts of creativity, and transformers of technology in Engineering, Data Center Operations, Sales, Systems Engineering, Professional Services, Marketing, Product Management and more!
The great people that make up VMware continue to be relentlessly curious with a bias towards disruptive thinking. If this sounds like a place for you, come join us and help us define what’s next!
Why work with our Group
VMware is determined to become a top 3 player in IaaS with vCloud Air, leveraging our installed base of 500,000 customers’ worldwide and exceptional sales force and channel reach. The Client Experience group services and supports each and every client as they evaluate, implement and maintain industry leading vCloud Air hybrid solutions. You’ll work with some of the most talented and industry defining technical personnel charted with servicing and supporting customers making the journey to the Hybrid Cloud. Our global client experience organization has an ingrained zeal for client success to support our passionate clients as they develop and deploy industry leading Hybrid solutions. The Client Experience group is a high energy, fast paced, tight knit organization that embraces change. If you want to be part of "Whats next”, and have passion for supporting customers you’ve come to the right place!
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2013 revenues of $5.21 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 55,000 partners, and 14,000+ employees in 50+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on architecting what’s next in IT? Learn more at vmware.com/careers.
No salary provided
Posted December 25, 2014 at 10:21AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1vr9YHS
Two thousand years ago, Buddhist not Christian art was our guiding light – and had all the best nativity scenes
A crowd of people gather round a man on a horse, in an ancient stone relief that roars with life. Is this Christ entering Jerusalem? Or even a nativity scene – a wise man heading for Bethlehem perhaps?
In fact, it is an image of Prince Siddhartha setting out from his father’s palace. This masterpiece of Buddhist art was carved in Gandhara, on the borders of modern Pakistan and Afghanistan, some time between the second and fourth centuries AD. But like many other artworks from ancient Gandhara, it uncannily resembles early Christian art. Indeed, it is evidence of a fascinating encounter of east and west.
from Network Front | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1B84jtIRead More
If you’ve unwrapped a new smartphone or tablet for Christmas, here is the Guardian’s guide to the best new apps to download
For most people with a smartphone or tablet, their most-used apps weren’t released in 2014. Facebook, Twitter, Google Maps, Candy Crush Saga, Kindle, Spotify, Clash of Clans, YouTube... these apps have been out for years, albeit regularly updated since their original releases.
Does that mean there aren’t any good new ideas in the world of apps? Nope. There were plenty in 2014, from useful productivity apps for iPhone and Android smartphones, to inventive tablet games and creative, educational children’s apps.
from Network Front | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1xfmqh7Read More
In Egypt, Libya, and Tunisia – three countries that toppled three dictators nearly four years ago – 2014 marked something of a comeback for the concept of strongman leadership.
In Egypt, that comeback was the most pronounced. Former army chief Abdel Fatah al-Sisi was elected president in May, completing a rise to power that began 10 months earlier when Sisi ousted the unpopular Islamist president, Mohamed Morsi. With 96% support from a 47% turnout, Sisi has a clear constituency among a populace exhausted by three years of post-revolutionary upheaval. But it helped that he faced only one opponent, that a pliant local media portrayed support for Sisi as a patriotic duty, and that the election came amid a continuing crackdown on all forms of opposition.
from Network Front | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1EimJOzRead More
A design graduate won this year’s James Dyson award for his low-cost inflatable incubator which aims to reduce infant mortality
He is only in his early 20s, a recent graduate from Loughborough University, but James Roberts has been named the international winner of this year’s James Dyson award. He receives £30,000 in prize money to help develop a low-cost inflatable incubator for prematurely born babies.
Roberts, 23, hopes his so-called Mom incubator could slash the high death rate of premature babies in developing countries. More than one in 10 babies worldwide are born prematurely. According to the World Health Organisation, 75% of deaths resulting from premature birth could be avoided if inexpensive treatments and practical medical help were more readily available.
from Network Front | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1COuAyGRead More
Whether it’s an iPad or an Android tablet, here are seven things to get you going with your new Christmas gadget
Tablets are a great gift for Christmas – versatile, useful, fun and shiny – but they’re only as good as the things you can do with them.
Here are a quick few things every new tablet owner should do.
from Network Front | The Guardian http://ift.tt/13xoDcYRead More
The Queen will describe in her traditional Christmas message how she has been “deeply touched” by the “selflessness” of medical staff fighting the Ebola outbreak.
The UK is one of a number of nations that has seen its doctors and nurses volunteer to help countries such as Sierra Leone in west Africa combat the epidemic.
from Network Front | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1t1bXlpRead More
Plan your 2015 holiday with our guide to the best family trips, beach escapes and city and UK breaks. Or make a resolution to enjoy the fresh air and follow our pointers for walking and cycling breaks that make the most of the great outdoors
What kind of beach-bum are you? A Robinson Crusoe in search of a thatched hut on a remote stretch of sand, a parent in search of a child-friendly shore or someone who needs a dose of culture with your daily dip in the sea? Our collection shows the diversity of beach breaks you can enjoy: from budget-friendly stays around the world via once-in-a-lifetime exotic destinations to family-friendly apartment and villa stays right on the beach …
from Network Front | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1EieOk8Read More
Territory Account Manager - Hong Kong
Hong Kong, HK - Computer Hardware, Computer Software, Computer & Network Security
Position: Territory Account Manager - Hong Kong
Location: Hong Kong, China
Job Id: 5794-EA204
# of Openings: 1
FireEye, ranked the fastest growing communications/networking company in North America on Deloitte’s 2013 Technology Fast 500 ™ , is transforming the IT security landscape to combat today’s advanced cyber attacks and we want you to be part of our team.
FireEye’s disruption in the IT security industry has been all over media outlets such as in BusinessWeek, Bloomberg TV, The Wall Street Journal, Fox News, and several others. A leader in advanced technology, FireEye has received the Wall Street Journal Technology Innovation Award as well as the JPMorgan Chase Hall of Innovation Award. FireEye has also been recognized as one of the top 5 IPOs of 2013 by Wall Street Journal.
Following the acquisition of Mandiant, FireEye is now the ONLY company that can deliver a comprehensive platform to detect, resolve, and prevent advance attacks on a global basis. FireEye is now the go-to company for some of the largest enterprises and government agencies across the globe.
FireEye has invented a purpose-built, virtual machine-based security platform that provides real-time threat protection to enterprises and governments worldwide against the next generation of cyber attacks. These highly sophisticated cyber attacks easily circumvent traditional signature-based defenses, such as next-generation firewalls, IPS, anti-virus, and gateways. The FireEye Threat Prevention Platform provides real-time, dynamic threat protection without the use of signatures to protect an organization across the primary threat vectors and across the different stages of an attack life cycle. The core of the FireEye platform is a virtual execution engine, complemented by dynamic threat intelligence, to identify and block cyber attacks in real time. FireEye has over 1,500 customers across more than 40 countries, including over 100 of the Fortune 500.
We are currently seeking highly motivated, self driven and experienced security sales professionals to join our fast growing FireEye team in Asia.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish FireEye presence and driving sales activities in the designated geography.
- Penetrate prospect target accounts for new business as well as establish and work with partners in the territory.
- Work with Reseller Channel network within the designated geography.
- Comfortable in selling advanced security to all levels of any organizations. Experience in telephone sales is a must.
- Responsible for New Business Development via prospecting, qualifying, selling and closing Software/ hardware solutions / services and products
- Create and Manage Channel Partner network for products under the Distribution Product Portfolio together with the Regional Channel Sales Manager
- Responsible for Quarterly & Annual Revenue Targets.
- Manage client relationship through all phases of the sales cycle Provide a consultative solutions sales process to prospects
- Conducts one-on-one and group sales presentations
- Provide account management to an existing territory
- Responsible for tracking customer information, forecasts and reports
- Develop and maintain prospect and customer list based on strategic marketing data and other sources for sales leads.
- Plan & Strategize marketing activities with the Marketing and Channel teams for the end users and channels.
- Responsible for co-ordination with the HO for all technical, commercial, administrative and legal assistance.
Education or Experience
- MBA or technical graduate degree preferred.
- Extensive techno-sales experience
- Solutions-selling experience in any one or all of the following areas: hardware, software, or other security solutions
- Strong leadership with contacts on C levels and influential skills is a must.
- Developing strategic customer relationships on all levels.
- Understanding of broad range of security and networking technologies.
- Technical Knowledge, Skills & Expertise
- Must have both the sales skills and technical knowledge to make presentations and lead customer discussions to advance the sales process. Must have the ability to develop and work extensively at the executive level.
- Self starter—Independent worker
- Ability to provide accurate forecasting to Reporting Manager regularly (SalesForce)
- Ability to self-motivate and multi-task and work independently or within a team Success Factors:
- Strong leadership skills;
- Able to deliver business value to the sales operation and customer.
- Strong presentation skills, Communication skills
- Ability to develop relationships and work extensively at the executive level.
- Outstanding Written and Verbal Communication Skills.
- Preference : Bilingual (English & Mother Tongue)
- Direct interaction with the Customers, Partners, Marketing, Peers and FireEye’s Corporate team will comprise a major portion of this assignment.
FireEye, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
No salary provided
Posted December 25, 2014 at 10:14AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1COpjav
Application Support Project Manager - Cloud Platform Engineering
San Francisco Bay Area, US - Computer Software, Information Technology and Services, Computer & Network Security
The principle responsibilities of this role:
•Work with senior stakeholders to ensure the technical feasibility of new projects and to define and agree the operational scope and objectives.
•Represent the CPE organisation at Product, Project and Program Review meetings. Lead assessment of incoming work to the CPE department.
•Plan and track all CPE team deliverables (including Application Support, Network & Data Centre) on product development projects. Ensure these are delivered on time, within budget and meet the agreed quality characteristics through the effective leadership and resourcing of the project team, coordinating with other CPE teams as appropriate.
•Create and maintain project plans and status reports that contribute to the successful delivery of the overall project.
•Ensure that all Operational documentation relevant to the project is current, available and communicated to the relevant parties.
•Develop action plans to address slippage or other issues and manage project risk for all CPE deliverables (including those from Application Support, Network and Data Centre).
•Ensure work executed in line with existing departmental and company processes, and support the development of new processes and enhancement of existing ones as required.
•Manage Purchase Orders, project dependencies and relationships with external suppliers and customers as appropriate to each project. Liaising with CPE Supporting Services where appropriate for CAPEX orders.
•Educated to degree level or equivalent work experience.
•Extensive Technical Project Management experience in a related industry. Prince 2/PMP qualified (or similar).
•Experience of supporting projects within an organization that has a large scale infrastructure across multiple geographical locations.
•Experience in a complex software development and/or infrastructure deployment environment.
•Experience of working in both Agile (Scrum based) and Traditional Project Lifecycle environments.
•Proven experience working with senior leadership and experience defining and delivering on a product roadmap.
•Excellent, senior level, communications skills (verbal & written).
•Strong interpersonal skills, able to lead multi-disciplinary groups at all levels.
•Excellent time management, communication, presentation, negotiation and decision making skills.
•Demonstrated ability to analyse complex planning data, diagnose problems and identify planning solutions.
•Ability to take high level ambiguous information and turn it into solidified detailed plans that drive results.
•Experienced user of Microsoft Office, Project and Visio.
•Proven ability to manage multiple project teams in a high pressure and time constrained environment.
•Good team player, flexible and able to deliver results with the minimum of supervision.
•Computer Science degree strongly preferred.
•Experience of working within an IT service delivery environment.
•Supplier Management skills.
•Experience of using the following tools; SharePoint, Jira, Jama
•Service Management qualifications (ITIL v3).
•Experience working with cloud-based technologies.
•Knowledge of OpenStack Technologies preferred/a plus.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
No salary provided
Posted December 25, 2014 at 10:02AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1t1cJyR
Product Marketing Manager - Tablet
Canada, CA - Consumer Electronics
DISCOVERY STARTS HERE.
Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Then you've got what it takes to succeed at Samsung.
PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER - TABLET
The incumbent is responsible to drive the product related business decisions over the life cycle of the product. This includes total ownership of driving product strategy into the market and absolute owner for Monthly Sales Targets and Profitability of the product. The incumbent will be a liaison between Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain Management (SCM), Service and Channel for all product related matters.
- Work with the Global Business Manager (GBM) in HeadQuarters (HQ) on future products and line up strategies based on market and industry trend
- Develop go-to-market strategies for new products for the Canadian market
- Product positioning, price positioning, promotions, sales channel strategy and target demographics/verticals.
- Work with various departments for successful execution and follow-through in Sales, marketing communications, Supply Chain Management (SCM), GBM, s=Service, etc.
- Maintain strategic product portfolio for Canadian market
- Forecast, monitor the sales movement
- Oversee supply chain management to keep inventory at an optimal level
- Liase between Samsung Canada and GBM Marketing
- Develop and manage promotions and programs by working with sales teamI
- Implement marketing initiatives by working with corporate marketing/marketing communications team
- Analysis of the ROI for promotions and programs
- Develop and deliver marketing collaterals and presentation materials
- Work closely with the marketing communications team for delivery and execution
- Ensure customer facing websites are up-to-date
- Administer new product launches, road shows and other marketing events
- Provide ideas and suggestions to help increase sales by working with sales heads and representatives
- Plan sales representative education/training
- Customer visits with sales representatives when necessary
- Conduct showroom management
- Work with product management on formulating all pricing and programs
- Review channel performance and inventory planning programs
- Review distribution strategy in collaboration with the respective Marketing Manager in order to optimize sales
- Support sales teams with monthly and quarterly sales objectives
- Implement and oversee all product marketing initiatives for the product category
- Manage the effective launch and life cycle of all respective products in Canada
- Arrange and attend channel business review meetings in order to seek direct feedback on Samsung performance
- Arrange presentations to distributors, retailers, VARs, DMRs, corporate accounts and all external audiences on Samsung products
- Develop all promotions (SPIFFS, rebates, financing, value added offers, etc.)
- Conduct and ensure timely and sufficient customer product training takes place
- Promote synergistic use of resources with other marketing divisions within Samsung Electronics Canada (SECA)
- Work with executives to determine annual strategic direction
- Plan and ensure proper participation and support for trade shows and events
- Analyze performance and utilize market research to further drive sell through performance and increase market share for respective product categories
- Analyze Account, Merchandising and Display
- Create and manage frequent reporting requirements for Samsung Canada and HQ
- Minimum highschool diploma and or equivalent required
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 5 years working in a Product Manager role an asset
- Experience in technology industry an asset
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail is a required
- Strong proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other MS Office applications
- Ability to productively interact with distribution, retail and reseller business partners as well as local business managers and remote account managers at Samsung’s Korean HQ
- The ability to plan, organize, collaborate on and measure the effectiveness and results of all programs and projects
- The ability to disseminate market information and provide the best strategic business plan
- The ability to negotiate with both vendors and customers on marketing proposals and plans
- Ability to motivate and guide the activities to manage product sales performance with the sales team
- The ability to develop tasks, work assignments, to clearly define objectives and give technical sales and marketing guidance on a day-to-day level
- The ability to assist in long and mid-term business planning
- The ability to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to manage budgets and determine ROI
- The ability to prioritize multiple demands in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work in a team environment and independently with minimal supervision
- Must have a proven track record of results
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment is a must
- Strong sense of urgency is required
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No salary provided
Posted December 25, 2014 at 10:02AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1A85RG8
Project Manager II - Technology
Orlando, Florida Area, US - Broadcast Media, Entertainment, Media Production
The Project Manager II has the responsibility for the planning and execution of moderate-complexity work efforts within Parks Technology. The Project Manager II will work closely with the operations, solutions delivery, infrastructure, innovation, governance and security teams, business partners, and vendors to define, develop, and execute deployment of their assignments on their own. The Project Manager II follows the established project management process to deploy projects to meet the business goals.
- MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely with all Technology teams, business partners, and Vendors to plan, organize, secure, and manage resources for assigned project efforts following software development lifecycle and project implementation policies and procedures as applicable. Independently research, analyze, identify, and document the tasks to achieve the project goals. Coordinate, facilitate, and lead project team meetings to accomplish project deliverables.
- Responsible for the management of the project including: work statements, work breakdown structures, developing and tracking budget and schedule, tracking individual project tasks, providing risk analysis, tracking and resolving issues and action items, providing various project management visibility and control measures and reports as needed and communicating to project team and stakeholders. Perform requirements gathering and quality assurance as needed.
- Work closely with our business partners to understand their business and system problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements. Work with Technology teams and management to identify solutions that enable the organization to achieve its project goals.
- Analyze, define and map business processes. Produce quality documentation and business process models as needed for assigned projects.
- Trace the requirements through life cycle of project to ensure that the scope is managed and that the original requirements are delivered.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: The Project Manager II has the responsibility for the planning and execution of moderate-complexity work efforts within Parks Technology.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred in MIS, Technology, Business. Other: Knowledge of project management concepts and processes, requirements gathering, or business analysis preferred.
EXPERIENCE: College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, technology, project management or software engineering and/or 3-5 years equivalent work experience. Experience preferred in project management, business analysis, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires the use of sound business judgment in coordinating the requirements of the user group(s) for a project. Conflict resolution and problem solving techniques required. Good in presentation, facilitation, communication, and negotiation required.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Works with internal business clients and external vendors. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical manuals and procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw graphs, and interpret spreadsheets. Some travel possible to support Parks Technology division and client locations.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
We regret, due to the volume of responses, only applicants of interest will be contacted. Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
To go directly to this position cut and paste the Job Posting number: 19175BR
IT'S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2014 Universal Studios. © 2014 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE
No salary provided
Posted December 25, 2014 at 09:58AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1wIJLsG
Foundation Payroll Manager
San Francisco Bay Area, US - Computer Software, Information Technology and Services, Internet
About Salesforce Foundation
The Salesforce.com Foundation leverages Salesforce.com's people, technology, and resources to improve communities throughout the world. A key aspect of our vision is to bring about a world where technology and collaboration accelerate solutions to the world's biggest problems. To achieve this vision, we built a social enterprise that delivers world-class products and services on the Force.com platform through a combination of free and deeply discounted licenses provided to Nonprofits and Higher Ed institutions. The Foundation also invests in innovation on the platform to ensure the relevance and versatility of Salesforce for mission-driven organizations.
The Salesforce.com Foundation is currently seeking a Payroll Manager to manage all payroll related activities (multiple payrolls within the US, Canada, Europe, Asia) for a rapidly growing population of 200+ employees in a high paced environment. This is currently an Individual Contributor (IC) role, but may have 1 direct report as the Foundation grows in the future. This role includes, but is not limited to overseeing: tax compliance, reporting, business registrations, workers compensation, unemployment insurance, new hire enrollment/onboarding, internal and external audit, payroll systems and integrations, employee customer service and Finance/HR stakeholder support. The role will also manage our relationship with our Comprehensive Outsourced Services team (COS). Advanced understanding of general payroll practices plus related IRS and State regulations are required.
• Manage relationship with outsourced team processing payroll and payroll related activities.
• Work directly with Human Resources on changes in the business, which have direct input on the payroll function.
• Liaise with Senior Management, tax, and legal to influence policy making decisions.
• Provide oversight and sign-offs on all payrolls, audits, and projects.
• Determine appropriate problem resolution action items and revamp processes when needed.
• Engage in continuous efforts to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, including processes around acquisitions and integrations.
• Handle escalations and urgent service requests.
• Oversee the reconciliation, maintenance and compliance of payroll records, payroll tax filings, logs and files in accordance with company policy and state and federal laws.
• Maintain a strong internal controls environment & develop appropriate controls as the department continues to expand to support controls under Sarbanes Oxley
• Ensure compliance with policy as well as tax and employment laws.
• Create vision for payroll department as we scale to our rapid growth. Come up with a strategy to balance this growth with a superior employee experience.
• Set a tone of collaboration among the payroll department, stakeholders and cross functional teams to provide high quality customer service.
• Maintain all policies related to employee pay along with legal.
• Report on payroll metrics to senior management.
• 5-10 years of payroll experience
• Bachelor's degree
• Knowledge of general payroll practices, IRS and State regulations
• Knowledge of multi state pay related practices specifically (and local ordinances)
• Must be proficient working with larger payroll systems that integrate or interface with other systems (ADP, PayChex and Workday products preferred)
• Intermediate Windows suite skills and Intermediate Excel skills necessary
• Demonstrated ability to identify problems and propose paths to solution
• Analytical with a creative approach to problem solving
• High level of integrity, professionalism and discretion
• Must be a team player and work on multiple projects simultaneously
• 5+ years payroll tax experience with US and Non-US payroll and payroll tax compliance which includes federal, multiple state and local authorities (move to required)
• American Payroll Association member
• Certified Payroll Professional Designation preferred; basic payroll class completion (local chapter) a plus
• Experience in a fast-moving/high-growth technology environment
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
No salary provided
Posted December 25, 2014 at 09:58AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1vdPFwp
Mount Sinai Health System
Per Diem Nurse (PACU)
Greater New York City Area, US - Health, Wellness and Fitness, Hospital & Health Care
The Per Diem Clinical Nurse is a Registered Professional Nurse who provides safe, competent, quality care based on nursing theory and research to a designated group of patients and significant others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists in development, implementation, and evaluation of standards of care and professional practice in collaboration with members of the health care team and in accordance with institutional policies and regulatory agency requirements.
2. Assesses and evaluates patient needs for, and responses to, care rendered and applies sound nursing judgment in patient care management decisions.
3. Provides direct, continuous, (where applicable), care for a specific caseload of patients through application of the nursing process based upon theory, research, and approved Department of Nursing and institutional standards.
4. Coordinates patient care activities, based on established priorities, including teaching, rounding, counseling, and discharge planning, and directs/delegates appropriately to members of the health care team.
5. Communicates effectively and professionally with patients, significant others, and members of the health care team about the patient's plan of care.
6. Participates in performance improvement, nursing quality, nursing research activities and utilizes same in clinical practice.
7. Participates in the design, measurement, and assessment of care related structures, processes, and outcomes to improve the quality of patient care.
8. Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for nursing practice and the delivery of safe, competent patient care.
9. Participates in maintaining a safe, therapeutic, and consumer oriented environment.
10. Respects and values each patient's unique, individual needs, beliefs, and diversity and incorporates these into planning and delivery of care.
11. Collaborates with members of the health care team, the patient, and significant others to plan and implement the patient's care.
12. Coordinates discharge planning from the day of admission to day of discharge or transfer to alternate care continuum. Conducts discharge phone calls on selected patients.
13. Performs charge responsibilities, as assigned.
14. Maintains clinical competence and is responsible for own professional growth and development along the continuum from advanced beginner to expert.
15. Functions as a professional role model and preceptor for students, new hires, and staff.
16. Supports the mission, philosophy, standards, and objectives of the institution and department.
17. Demonstrates a professional commitment to patients, significant others, and members of the health care team.
18. Participates in identification, response to, and investigation of potential and actual risk management issues.
19. Projects a professional image and maintains a positive attitude.
20. Incorporates ethical principles in decision making.
21. Utilizes available financial and other resources prudently.
22. Promotes positive consumer interactions and upholds the Patient Bill of Rights.
23. Participates actively in institutional committees, community agencies, and professional organizations.
24. Encourages scholarship, a spirit of inquiry, life-long learning, innovation, and research in self and colleagues.
25. Treats co-workers, patients and families with dignity and respect.
26. Is open and responsive to the diverse backgrounds and experience of other people, and promotes an environment that is sensitive to cultural diversity.
Bachelor of Science with a major in Nursing. Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing hired prior to January 1995. Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing with current matriculation in a BSN program with graduation date within one year of hire will be considered by the Clinical Director of Nursing.
Must have relevant clinical competence in area of nursing practice; new graduates possess current knowledge of the nursing process and its application.
Evidence of ability to maintain interpersonal relationships, communicate appropriately to others, work effectively to solve problems and confronts issues appropriately.
Demonstrates a strong commitment to furthering institutional goals through interdisciplinary teamwork, effective communication, and the ability to think creatively.
Ability to read, write, understand and speak English in a clear and concise manner.
Visual, aural, and cognitive ability to assess patient status. Physical and mental health necessary to care for acutely ill patients with a broad variety of diagnoses and behaviors on a daily basis.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.
No salary provided
Posted December 25, 2014 at 09:50AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1A858Vx
Sr. System Engineer 资深售前工程师
Shanghai City, China, CN - Information Technology and Services
The Account Technology Consultant (ATC) is a technology-oriented, pre-sales resource responsible for the translation of IT imperatives into solution sales campaigns that are consistent with EMC's core offerings. By applying EMC and Storage Industry related technical acumen, relationship development, and consultative selling skills, they are charged with co-facilitating our transition to a solutions-based engagement model. Working in conjunction with other ATC/CSL's/Account Executives, an ATC will leverage appropriate EMC practices and expertise to objectively address customer needs in an effort to become their trusted technical advisor.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Aligns with appropriate sales geography to represent EMC Solutions (TS and Partner) to all assigned accounts.
Uses knowledge of technology, products, processes, and consultative selling skills to assess and educate customers on role and value of tiered storage infrastructure.
Builds in-depth knowledge of clients' technical priorities, challenges and initiatives - maps those need to core EMC offerings and competencies.
Responsible for defining core implementation services (i.e. Build) necessary to support the appropriate solution(s).
Responsible for identifying opportunities for solutions-based and services-lead sales campaigns (i.e. Plan & Manage) - leverages appropriate consultative sales, solutions, and practice resources to execute.
Ensures effective coordination and support between account teams and supporting technical resources.
Responsible for the coordination, delivery and quality of presales Technology Solutions deliverables within the domain of the account which may include items such as configurations, architectural diagrams, and proposal inputs.
In support of a CSL/Sr. CSL, exercises and manages the process of forecasting solutions and services content within assigned accounts, as appropriate.
Builds value-added relationships within the domain of the account to become the trusted technical advisor.
Responsible to support Product and Services Booking and Revenue targets within assigned sales geography.
Responsible for developing and proposing technology solutions, along with implementation services, that meet customers' needs - ensures that proposed solutions when implemented meet the needs and functional requirements of the customer
May perform other duties as required. EMC Proven Professional Certification desired.
No salary provided
Posted December 25, 2014 at 09:43AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1A82UFw
Shanghai City, China, CN - Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Be Responsible for Quality Control and Quality System
Fortune Top 500 Company
Located in Shanghai
This company is a world leader in motion and fluid control technologies. Major customers include commercial vehicle, energy, food and beverage, industrial automation, life science, rail, etc. To enhance the quality of products and service, they're now looking for a Quality Manager.
Directly report to head of Global Operation, you will be responsible for Process Quality Control and Supplier Quality. You will also be responsible for Quality System Set Up and Maintenance. You will review external complaints for the purpose of developing appropriate preventive quality tools. And you will participate in the quality committee representing China business on corporate level.
You're required to hold bachelor degree in engineering or mechanical fields. At least 8 years related experience in a manufacturing environment with at least 3 years in management position. Working experience in automotive industry is preferred. With solid experience and good understanding of quality principles and tools, you will be familiar with ISO 9000 and TS 16949 and proficient with ERP, MS Office.
Should you have any question, please contact me at Rita.Cui@Hays.cn or 021-2322-9600
For more jobs, please visit our website: www.hays.cn
No salary provided
Posted December 25, 2014 at 09:37AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1t18iE2
from adafruit industries blog http://ift.tt/1t18TFHRead More
While you’re cracking open the bubbly or celebrating Christmas down the pub, we take a look at the more unusual drinking experiences around the world, from pizza beer to, er, apple-flavoured horse ‘product’
After coming back from an expedition in Arusha we all went into a local bar in Moshi. We were expecting to sit in the corner and keep to ourselves but we soon had the local konyagi spirit thrust onto our table and the night ending with us singing with the whole bar.
from Network Front | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1A80hDORead More
Merry Christmas! To get in the festive mood, we went to the rehearsals for English National Ballet’s Nutcracker and watched dances from Spain, Arabia, China and Russia
from Network Front | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1Ei8BEMRead More