Analytics and Data Management Consultant
Singapore, SG - Information Services
HP got its start over 70 years ago because of two men who believed in their ideas. While a lot has changed since then, our commitment to innovation and creative thought is steadfast. HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company and ranked 10 on the Fortune 500 list for 2012, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HP invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. And at HP, we know that our people and values are the most important elements in this success.
HP Enterprise Services (ES) offers a diverse portfolio of products ranging from applications and business process improvements to infrastructure technology outsourcing. We provide consulting and support to more than 1,000 corporations and government clients in 90 countries, achieving maximum productivity and efficiency for our customers.
We are currently looking for an Analytics and Data Management Consultant:
- Architect custom solutions of program and enterprise or operational scope.
- Architect reusable solutions of program and enterprise or operational scope.
- Customize reusable solutions of program and enterprise or operational scope.
- Capture and share architectural IP at the solution level.
- Define and implement architectural governance at the program and enterprise or operational scope.
- Contribute to the Architect profession both internally and externally.
- Lead architecture team in architecture activities for complex, medium to large opportunity.
- Develop for client technically or operationally feasible long-term Information Technology (IT) strategies and plans
- Assess business impact of multiple technologies/strategies
- Identify and address technical or operational risks
- Provide review/input on project activities for large enterprise or global level projects
- Collaborates with the project manager to develop detailed project plans and work breakdown structures for large enterprise or global level projects.
- Develop and deliver sales presentations at Chief Executive Officer (CEO)/Chief Operating Officer (COO)/Core I/O Only (CIO) levels for large, complex opportunities Leads cross business unit projects. Works with Vice President (VP) and C level executives. Contributes to industry wide external events as keynote speaker and leads multi-vendor external projects. Has strategic influence.
Education and Experience Required:
Industry experience - minimum 10 to 15 years Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to understand the customer's business problem, need, or opportunity and to design an IS solution that completely and correctly addresses the business problem, need, or opportunity without unnecessary enhancements.
- Ability to lead the architectural design, development, deployment, and technical quality of large enterprise or global solutions that span multiple technologies and disciplines.
- Be able to provide architectural direction for multiple medium to large sized projects concurrently in various stages of their lifecycle or a large project full time.
- Ability to maintain the integrity of the proposed architecture to assure professional quality and logical consistency in the face of political and business pressures.
- Conversant with and able to apply multiple architectural, development and operational methodologies (e.g., Zachman, TOGAF, Information Technology (IT) service Management (ITSM), …)
- Understands and applies one or more industry acknowledged architectural modeling methods and tools.
- Usually possesses a valid industry certification in an appropriate architectural discipline
- Can validate/evaluate if an information systems or operational architecture meets business needs
- Be able to evaluate the effect of external factors on designed solution
- Business Acumen:
- Relates risks and challenges the customer should expect to encounter with the solution with other client efforts or projects (use of internal knowledge of organization; trusted advisor relationship).
- Develops Architecture Specification deliverables that map customer business requirements into complete information systems (technologies, processes and people) or operational solutions.
- Ability to consistently apply business management and financial concepts, capital investment, financial modeling, and general aspects of business contracts. Use this knowledge to analyze business needs and develop meaningful business recommendations.
- Ability to apply knowledge of how the industry uses IT to address business challenges using, for example, technical standards and infrastructure, cross-industry trends that impact IT investment, industry-specific roadmaps, and IT enablers.
- Ability to perform business process analysis/synthesis using modeling or simulation tools and techniques, such as workflows and diagrams to show interrelationships of multiple processes, tracking instances/characteristics of process elements.
- Broad IT industry knowledge with depth in multiple areas.
- Has pulse on future technology or operational trends as they relate to and support customer business directions ("trusted advisor" role).
- Broad knowledge of IT and business standards and best practices and how to apply the appropriately in solutions
- Expert or Master level of knowledge of multiple technologies or IT disciplines
- Able to design planning for accessibility, scalability, and availability Engagement Delivery
- Ability to write Statements of Work for large enterprise or global level solutions that span multiple technologies or operational areas.
- Ability to apply program/project management methods and processes to define, plan, cost, resource, track and ensure the accomplishment of targeted goals for large enterprise or global level projects.
- Successfully works on project teams (individual success defined by how the organization works as a team, including resource and skill sharing across the organization).
- Able to play a leadership role in business development activities for large, complex opportunities.
- Lead in identifying, qualifying, and closing large, complex opportunities
- Position HP offering against the competition
- Be able to provide HP with voice of the account
- Play key role in preparing proposals and bids for large, complex opportunities
- Manage internal reviews and contribute to Solution Opportunity Approval and Review (SOAR) process for large, complex opportunities
- Build rapport and trust with client
- Demonstrates excellent consultative, solution selling skills. Leadership
- Collaborates effectively with the project manager to manage regional and global projects as necessary. For architectures of project scope may include the technical management of customer staff assigned to implementation team.
- Plays a leading role in the Architect profession at both local and regional level.
- Makes consistent and ongoing high quality contributions (at least 4 per year) to HP knowledge systems that are recognized by the Architect profession to represent best practice.
- Makes formal recommendations to improve the level of job satisfaction for other HP employees working on the project.
- Can significantly contribute in the development of new HP services and modifications to the methodology.
- Leads in development and delivery of training.
- Coaches and mentors Expert and Specialist level architects within the Architect profession
- Leads in the definition of HP unit's processes, standards, and policies
- Build and manage long-term, strategic relationships at Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Core I/O Only (CIO) level.
- Excellent customer influence and negotiation skills.
- Ability to strategically consider all sides of an issue within the contexts of time, breadth, and range of options.
- Ability to systematically gather, assess and apply critical organizational, technical, operational, and sales/marketing information for business decisions.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise, and persuasive communications for multiple audiences, including demonstrating effective writing and presentation skills, listening actively, and projecting a credible image.
- Ability to articulate technical or operational problems into understandable business terms appropriate for the audience.
- Able to design and present high-impact messages to customer's Executive level management.
- Able to use a wide variety of presentation tools to persuasively communicate complex messages to multiple audience levels, including Executive level management
- Ability to use prepared and create complete original materials to communicate with the customer. Communicates mostly strategic information and some Tactical information.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills with proven capability to represent HP at external customer and industry events.
No salary provided
Posted December 17, 2014 at 09:15AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1AEidU7