Security Technical Project Manager
Greater Atlanta Area, US - Computer Networking, Computer Software, Internet
Location:Atlanta, GA, USCategory:Professional Services
About the Job
Technical Project Managers at Akamai require a strong technical background, excellent client and project management skills, proven ability to do hands on technical work when needed, and ability to lead technical projects and technical teams. Successful candidates must be action oriented, capable of independently solving complex technical problems, and able to communicate clearly and effectively to both technical and business audiences.
About the Team
Recognizing that an organization’s approach to its Internet initiatives is developed long before implementation and is an on-going exercise long after go-live, Akamai Professional Services offers consulting services that address all phases of a customer’s Internet strategy.
Akamai’s Professional Services team calls upon its Internet and Security expertise to architect the optimal solution for the unique business and technical requirements of our customers. Through its proven methodologies and processes, this highly experienced team of consultants has implemented effective solutions for over 2,000 Akamai customers.
The Technical Project Manager will focus on all Akamai customers as a member of the Global Security and Government Services team. The Global Security and Government Services team is an experienced group of security experts and Internet technologists working with top customers in the Enterprise, Finance, High-Tech, Media and Pubic Sector in North America.
* Work independently or lead small technical teams with Akamai customers to evaluate their security architecture and deliver the appropriate security solution. This includes, but is not limited to, evaluating the customers’ content management and publishing processes, web application architecture, security requirements, DNS configurations, and provide detailed documentation for a custom solution that satisfies the customers’ business and technical requirements.
* Work closely with customers and pre-sales teams to manage and implement customer trials, propose technically feasible solutions and set accurate expectations on effort and timelines for integration. Establish success criteria and act as the single point of contact for the customer for all technical issues and project deliverables.
* Create and manage proposals, Statements of Work and detailed project plans for customer integrations including timelines and effort estimates.
* Work closely with Account Management, Sales professionals, engineering, product development and Customer Care to resolve issues that arise during customer integrations.
* Identify new product features and additional sales opportunities during trials and integrations and communication of the same to product development and sales teams.
* Track and document status and time spent on customer integrations.
* Participate in internal projects that help scale the group, implement best practices, and improving our methodology and quality of integrations.
* Review quality of customer integrations.
* Minimal travel to supported customer’s offices when necessary (~10% travel).
* Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Management Information System or relevant field experience.
* Minimum 5 years of overall experience in IT industry.
* Minimum 3 years of experience in technical pre-sales/sales engineering, consulting, and/or other customer facing role consulting on, delivering technical products or services.
* Minimum 2 years of experience in Internet technologies, standards and protocols, including DNS, HTTP/HTTPS, Web architecture and design.
* Minimum 2 years of experience with network and security solutions (route/switch, IDS/IPS, Firewall/VPN, Security Event Management, Data Loss Prevention, Web Application Protection) for strategic business initiatives.
* Industry recognized security certifications (CISSP, CISA, CEH, etc.).
* Experience in the web application security field.
* Experience with web application firewall (WAF) concepts and technologies.
* Experience with general security technologies, processes, and concepts.
* Experience in one or more web development languages, methodologies, and/or architectures - J2EE, HTTP, DNS, .NET, C#, JSP, ASP, Tomcat, Apache.
* Experience in a customer-facing role requiring a high level of individual responsibility, sound business judgment and large enterprise account management, where an aptitude for improving customer satisfaction was successfully demonstrated.
* Is relocation available for this position: No
* Is US Citizenship required: No
* Is a Security Clearance Required: No
If yes, applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation & must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Akamai® is the leading cloud platform for helping enterprises provide secure, high-performing user experiences on any device, anywhere. At the core of the company’s solutions is the Akamai Intelligent Platform™ providing extensive reach, coupled with unmatched reliability, security, visibility and expertise. Akamai removes the complexities of connecting the increasingly mobile world, supporting 24/7 consumer demand, and enabling enterprises to securely leverage the cloud. To learn more about how Akamai is accelerating the pace of innovation in a hyperconnected world, please visit www.akamai.com and follow @Akamai on Twitter.
If you're excited by Akamai and would like to help change the online landscape please apply. No time to apply? Join our Talent Community .
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. EEO is the Law
No salary provided
Posted December 16, 2014 at 08:41AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/1qUUD5E