Software Engineer Apps (Java/Backend)
San Francisco Bay Area, US - Consumer Electronics
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
Join Apple's Corporate Systems group as a Software Engineer to build innovative applications and custom solutions that serve all Apple Corporate Employees.
The Corporate Systems group at Apple primarily focuses on creative ways to engineer business solutions to meet the growing business needs of Apple's Finance, iTunes, Sales, Retail, and IT Service organizations. At core, our portfolio comprises of engineered custom solutions to process very high-volume micro-transactions from iTunes Downloads, iPhone Activations, Sales from Retail, Online, and Resellers, etc. These solutions are based on cutting edge enterprise technologies ranging from Server Side Java, Web Technologies, Cocoa, iOS, Oracle, and Non-SQL Databases. Accurately processing such very high volume transactions is our core strength.
As member of the technical team, you will play a critical role in shaping new systems architecture and technical direction for the Corporate Systems organization; working with project managers and external vendors to ensure high quality deliverables. Candidates should have a strong software engineering background with current hands-on design and development experience in building mission critical applications on Java, OSX, or web platforms. Sound judgment, excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong technical leadership with the ability to drive decisions through consensus and influence change are must.
- Passionate and hands-on experience in software development and working knowledge of the full SW development lifecycle
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented and SOA design concepts and current Experience developing in one or more of the following programming languages: Java, Objective C, C .
- Able to analyze business requirements and architect efficient solutions
- Hands-on experience with J2EE, Eclipse, Xcode, UNIX, SCM, UML, and object-oriented development methodologies
- Understanding of data modeling and database systems including Oracle, mySQL, NOSQL, etc.
- Understanding of XML, JSON and REST services
- Working knowledge of MAC OS X, iOS, is a plus
- Working knowledge of source control software (SVN or Git)
- Ability to multi-task and manage tasks with varying priorities.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
We are looking for energetic software engineers to design and develop several key systems. As a software engineer on the Corporate Systems team, you will contribute to the standardization and validation of the application architecture and development strategies. Ideal candidate would be a generalist, able to be flexible in roles yet with an in-depth knowledge of enterprise systems and platforms.
•Key contribution to the development and delivery of systems; help shape system requirements, and develop analysis-level documents that reflect the requirements
•Work with project managers, architect, technical leads, and vendors on defining the scope, milestone, deliverables, and resources needed for the project
•Write software and participate in code reviews in debugging and coding to resolve issues.
•Develop prototypes and POCs to demonstrate new ideas or illustrate the use of new technologies and how to apply it into our systems
•Own and review deliverables for accuracy, quality, application performance and completeness
•Work with the QE/QA team to create and refine processes and technical standards for the Corporate Systems area.
•Keep up to date with latest technologies and tools and evangelize their value within the development teams
•Strive for top quality results and continuously look for ways to improve and enhance system reliability, performance, and security.
BS/MS degree in computer science
No salary provided
Posted December 12, 2014 at 08:16AM from LinkedIn http://ift.tt/12UxgOm